What corps.......

Still rehearse in the city that they say they are from? I hear alot of corps rehearse in other parts of the country. Any ideas?

Every corps in the country spends MOST of their time rehearsing outside the city of where their main office exists and it has been that way for years - as TOUR makes up the majority of time a corps spends rehearsing (thus it really doesn't matter where a corps has camps or spring training any more than what random school they rehearse at for the random show in Colorado Springs Colorado). :satisfied:

But to take the tongue out of my cheek now and address your question. Interesting how you put it as "where they say they are from" (implying that a corps like Madison, Boston or Blue Stars are not really from their said cities anymore). Guess what, each one of those corps IS still from those cities. Their main offiices and corps halls still exist in the cities they are said to be from and is still where they get their mail (and people thought my Broken Arrow thread was...........never mind :shutup: ).

Edited by bmjfelts1988
  • Like 2

Still rehearse in the city that they say they are from? I hear alot of corps rehearse in other parts of the country.

Why do you want to know, are you a cop or something ? Who you looking for ?

• Like 2

Not sure. But I'm in San Antonio and the Crossmen are right down the street rehearsing as I type this... =)

-

• Like 1

Not sure. But I'm in San Antonio and the Crossmen are right down the street rehearsing as I type this... =)

-

I think Keith the Kop here is looking for 'Bones. I don't think he'll catch 'em before he disappears once again though.

Edited by BRASSO

Both Blue Devils and Vanguard rehearse in Concord and Santa Clara, respectively.

• Like 3

Blue Knights do most of their stuff in Denver still. And Cavies are pretty much always in Rosemont, with Phantom pretty much always in Rockford. I think outside of Boston and Madison, most corps spend the majority of their camps in a pretty close distance to their home base.

As noted on another thread, BAC spent learned 30 pages of their show last weekend in Florida. This would have been all but impossible had they been in their "home city" of Boston (in February).

It is true that BAC has 5 weekends in Florida each year. Their move-ins (except for this coming summer's first ever California tour) has been in New Hampton, NH (3 weeks) and about a week or so in Quincy, MA. New Hampton is 90 min from downtown Boston, and Quincy is less than 10 min from the Hub.

The corps has utilized the Florida winter camps and the NH move-in for the last 7 years, and one could arguably make the point that is has been beneficial to the organization.

The corps office, btw, isn't a just a mail drop. The corps director works there full time, as well as two other full time admin staff and a couple of part time staff.

Yes, there are EVEN pictures of the drum corps through the years on the wall.

Really. :tongue:

Blue Knights do most of their stuff in Denver still. And Cavies are pretty much always in Rosemont, with Phantom pretty much always in Rockford. I think outside of Boston and Madison, most corps spend the majority of their camps in a pretty close distance to their home base.

Boston practices at Quincy Ma, right before going on tour. Quincy stadium is about 2 miles from the City of Boston itself. The Corps headquarters are in the Boston area, most of the Board members are from the Boston area, its current Executive Director is born and raised in Boston(and also marched in the Corps ) and the Corps gets the largest bulk of its funds to run its Corps from the generosity of fans and alums from the Boston area. And its 2 shows it sponsors each year is in the Boston area ( Quincy, Lawrence ) Like most DCI Corps, Boston gets marchers now from all over the country.No doubt this has allowed them to both survive and prosper in difficult times, and are grateful for this national and international draw for its members. Ironically, there are more alums from the Boston Crusaders that were from Hyde Park section of Boston that marched in the Corps in the 50's and early 60's that now live in retirement in Florida than live in the city of Boston.( ( or they reside in Heaven or that Other Place now ). But they wore the Red and Black. So they remain " Boston Crusaders " no matter where their bed and pillow resides these nights now.

I think this topic is covered each year. Corps get their names now not from where the vast majority of their marchers come from anymore. The days of the neighborhood Drum Corps where 80-90% of the marchers were born and raised in that community went out with duck tailed greasers haircuts. Some people apparently havn't quite come to grips with Drum Corps INTERNATIONAL Corps, as this topic comes up on DCP each spring almost like crocuses, daffodills, and tulips pop up every year in the spring in the colder climates of the US.

The Madison Scouts are the Madison Scouts too. One look should be enough to see it too.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

Just asking a question, that's all.

Ah yes, everyone reads into what people type on here nowadays.