It begins....

The Green Light Advantage Minicorps in association with Lonely Faction Productions and Self Similarity Studios proudly presents:

"Drum Corps Standards - The 80s and 90s.... a retrospecticus."

Travel with us in space-time as we visit The English Kingdom in "Crown Imperial," then we'll hop over to Spain and lay down some "Malaguena"

from there.....

?????

I have lined up an all star cast that will stun and amaze.

This group is exhibition only - our sole purpose is to promote the Drum Corps Activity through impromptu (In The Lot...) performances and inspire our youth to musical levels they never dreamed possible.

This 10 piece group has only 4 spots left.

Experts only please. If I don't know you just post a video of yourself on YouTube showing off your High or Low Brass Skills.

*********NOTE***************. Bb horns r STRICTLY PROHIBITED - 2/3v G Bugles ONLY! All music will arr. for G Bugles in "trumpet" treble clef (That is, when I call for a "C" you will be playing a concert G (open) on the bugle).

PM me or find me on FB: chris.e.welke@gmail.com

Cheers.

-Tapper, Founder and Director.

Watch this thread or my FB for updates. Things are changing daily.

It's time. Right here. Right now. <br class="Apple-interchange-newline">

The Green Light Advantage Minicorps in association with Lonely Faction Productions and Self Similarity Studios proudly presents:

"Drum Corps Standards - The 80s and 90s.... a retrospecticus."

Travel with us in space-time as we visit The English Kingdom in "Crown Imperial," then we'll hop over to Spain and lay down some "Malaguena"

from there.....

?????

I have lined up an all star cast that will stun and amaze.

This group is exhibition only - our sole purpose is to promote the Drum Corps Activity through impromptu (In The Lot...) performances and inspire our youth to musical levels they never dreamed possible.

Edit: I am adding ONE amplified instrument.

I will accept 1 electric bass player, especially since Contra players are so hard to come by, it will also add energy and foundation to the sound.

11 spots.

6 are on hold

1st reh. is scheduled for April 21 w/ a possible kickoff bash on 4/20 @ <location????>

I expect to have arr. for Crown Imperial and Malaguena ready to go. Crown Imp. will feature the entire group, Mal. will feature me on solo bar. and a special guest on either the Mellophone or Soprano (whichever horn he wants.... his choice thats all i ll say)......

bump.

This 10 piece group has only 4 spots left.

Experts only please. If I don't know you just post a video of yourself on YouTube showing off your High or Low Brass Skills.

*********NOTE***************. Bb horns r STRICTLY PROHIBITED - 2/3v G Bugles ONLY! All music will arr. for G Bugles in "trumpet" treble clef (That is, when I call for a "C" you will be playing a concert G (open) on the bugle).

PM me or find me on FB: chris.e.welke@gmail.com

Cheers.

-Tapper, Founder and Director.

Watch this thread or my FB for updates. Things are changing daily.

It's time. Right here. Right now. <br class="Apple-interchange-newline">

Wow Chris, so proud of you to start this. Can't wait to see what you bring to the table.

Wow Chris, so proud of you to start this. Can't wait to see what you bring to the table.

)

Only a few spots left:

3rd Soprano (1)

2nd Mellow (1)

3rd Bar/Euph (1)

Electric Bass gtr. (1)

These holes will NOT LAST LONG... so PM if u r interested - no dues except whatever travel costs u incur to/from reh's n showz.

****G Bugles ONLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!thumbup.gif

****Experts ONLYworthy.gif - reh's are to lock in the ensemble and discuss EMOTION.... not music theory, if u need to be reminded that your open 5th needs to be 5 cents sharp or if I ask u to play a G-Pentatonic scale and look at me like Scooby-Doo... then this is not the group for you.ph34r.gif

****1st rehearsal will be on 4/21/12 in southern Orange County, CA, USA ..... only those who have been invited by me or on a solid recommendation will know the exact location.music.gif

****GLA Kickoff party will be on Friday 4/20 (thats a COINCIDENCE I SWEAR) LOC8XN TBD.

THX ALISHA!!!!w00t.gif

Chris Welke,

CEO, Sr. Media Law Analyst, EP, Lonely Faction Prodxns (a non-profit org.)

Director, The Greenlight Advantage Minicorps

)

Only a few spots left:

3rd Soprano (1)

2nd Mellow (1)

3rd Bar/Euph (1)

Electric Bass gtr. (1)

These holes will NOT LAST LONG... so PM if u r interested - no dues except whatever travel costs u incur to/from reh's n showz.

****Experts ONLYworthy.gif - reh's are to lock in the ensemble and discuss EMOTION.... not music theory, if u need to be reminded that your open 5th needs to be 5 cents sharp or if I ask u to play a G-Pentatonic scale and look at me like Scooby-Doo... then this is not the group for you.ph34r.gif

****1st rehearsal will be on 4/21/12 in southern Orange County, CA, USA ..... only those who have been invited by me or on a solid recommendation will know the exact location.music.gif

****GLA Kickoff party will be on Friday 4/20 (thats a COINCIDENCE I SWEAR) LOC8XN TBD.

THX ALISHA!!!!w00t.gif

Chris Welke,

...maybe I can don a Zorro mask and slip-in on one of those "lot" incursions!

cgee

Chris, this sounds like something I always wanted to be a part of. Experts only on G bugle playing 80's and 90's drum corps music! I think you will be very successful. If I wasn't going to be rehearsing and performing with the Renegades I would like to audition. I look forward to the inevitable Youtube videos of your group, and hopefully I'll catch a performance on the the Renegades LA tour. Best of Luck!

Only a few spots left:

3rd Soprano (1)

2nd Mellow (1)

3rd Bar/Euph (1)

Electric Bass gtr. (1)

****Experts ONLYworthy.gif - reh's are to lock in the ensemble and discuss EMOTION.... not music theory, if u need to be reminded that your open 5th needs to be 5 cents sharp or if I ask u to play a G-Pentatonic scale and look at me like Scooby-Doo... then this is not the group for you.

THX ALISHA!!!!w00t.gif

Chris Welke,

Since you are obviously going to be the very definition of "old skool", may we also assume that the sweet electric bass guitar will also be pitched in "G"?

Cuz we all noez that only the "G" electric bass can provide the proper amount of "Bow Chicka Bow Wow" for a G-Petatonic scale.

There's no skool like the old skool, yo!

p.s. If I play Mellow, but I have a intense tone quality, could I just go ahead and play Mello instead? U know, to avoid any confusion.

p.s.s. Rut-Roh.

• Like 2

Yeah Mephi stop,

I was thinen the same thing.

AND

If it's only 10 members and you still need 2/5ths more to fill out the group, it must be reeeaaally difficult to get in. Good luck.

Well, cheerio old chap and do have a goodly day :smile:

I marched 16 years of corps, both in DCI and DCA, and I was never asked to play a G-pentatonic scale, or any pentatonic scale, or mixolydian, or anything like that.

I was wondering why someone would need to know those scales in a mini-corps type setting?

• Like 2

I marched 16 years of corps, both in DCI and DCA, and I was never asked to play a G-pentatonic scale, or any pentatonic scale, or mixolydian, or anything like that.

I was wondering why someone would need to know those scales in a mini-corps type setting?

Because you can't be the foshizzle without the mixolyzzle.

• Like 2