accent marching...just posted selling equipement

...while I don't think he's done anything criminal necessarily, he should not be allowed to do this kind of stuff any more.

Other than shine a light on any new ventures, what jurisdiction do we have...or for that matter, what jurisdiction does anyone in the activity have? (And please keep in mind some of the things I've written about this in the past, which doesn't exactly put me in line to buy a set of pom-pons.)

People seem to be getting a little ruffled over other people in this thread expressing some indignation at people who seem to be too lenient...

And one could also say that people seem to be getting a little ruffled over other people in this thread expressing some concern regarding people who might seem a tad prosecutorial. It's all good...the exchange of thoughts and ideas. And it's clear that some people can see things on both side of the issue. Debate is healthy. I've been cheered and criticized for certain comments and ideas, often by the same people at the same time. But what I cherish most is seeing a dialogue.

...Maybe a bit of anger is appropriate.

I've never been a big fan of anger, but I fully support full awareness. I also believe a certain amount of healthy skepticism helps protect those who might be unaware and consequently aren't protecting themselves or don't know to protect themselves because they don't know about the facts or the track record of something/someone.

DCP is a place where we can express our thoughts, disagree, and still get together during the summer and help each other look for free parking.

Other than shine a light on any new ventures, what jurisdiction do we have...or for that matter, what jurisdiction does anyone in the activity have? (And please keep in mind some of the things I've written about this in the past, which doesn't exactly put me in line to buy a set of pom-pons.)

And one could also say that people seem to be getting a little ruffled over other people in this thread expressing some concern regarding people who might seem a tad prosecutorial. It's all good...the exchange of thoughts and ideas. And it's clear that some people can see things on both side of the issue. Debate is healthy. I've been cheered and criticized for certain comments and ideas, often by the same people at the same time. But what I cherish most is seeing a dialogue.

I've never been a big fan of anger, but I fully support full awareness. I also believe a certain amount of healthy skepticism helps protect those who might be unaware and consequently aren't protecting themselves or don't know to protect themselves because they don't know about the facts or the track record of something/someone.

DCP is a place where we can express our thoughts, disagree, and still get together during the summer and help each other look for free parking.

Boo: I am not a fan of anger either, but there is a thing called "righteous" anger; and it is occasionally necessary. Sort of like I am not a fan of throwing-up but it is occasionally necessary to get over a sickness. And while shining the light on an issue is good, it sometimes does not have any impact whatsoever unless "righteous" anger is delivered onto the object the light is shining upon. Yes, you have brought to the table the words of an a person who was harmed, and you have brought forth information about broken promises with Accent; and that should be commended. And if Accent had been the first issue, not the second, and had some semblance of an "honorable" effort, or if nobody had been harmed with Eclipse/Accent, I would be supporting your words of encouragement to those who created Eclipse/Accent. However, you have not only shined a light but have also brought out the "pom-poms of encouragement" for the Eclipse/Accent creators to try yet another time; and that is where my disagreement exists.

(p.s. to anyone else reading this) Boo knows that our disagreements are not personal but a way to bring forth various sets of perceptions. Increasing knowledge and wisdom does not come from 100% agreement; and besides... think of how boring DCP would be if we all sat around the camp-fire agreeing with each other all the time!

Boo: I am not a fan of anger either, but there is a thing called "righteous" anger; and it is occasionally necessary. Sort of like I am not a fan of throwing-up but it is occasionally necessary to get over a sickness. And while shining the light on an issue is good, it sometimes does not have any impact whatsoever unless "righteous" anger is delivered onto the object the light is shining upon. Yes, you have brought to the table the words of an a person who was harmed, and you have brought forth information about broken promises with Accent; and that should be commended. And if Accent had been the first issue, not the second, and had some semblance of an "honorable" effort, or if nobody had been harmed with Eclipse/Accent, I would be supporting your words of encouragement to those who created Eclipse/Accent. However, you have not only shined a light but have also brought out the "pom-poms of encouragement" for the Eclipse/Accent creators to try yet another time; and that is where my disagreement exists.

(p.s. to anyone else reading this) Boo knows that our disagreements are not personal but a way to bring forth various sets of perceptions. Increasing knowledge and wisdom does not come from 100% agreement; and besides... think of how boring DCP would be if we all sat around the camp-fire agreeing with each other all the time!

I guess we have a disagreement about me "encouraging" them to attempt a third venture. I personally don't see that. I'm just saying that if they came out of the gate with their ducks in a row, their "I"s dotted and their "T"s crossed, and the horse before the cart, I would have to feel somewhat relieved that maybe...just maybe...just a wee bit maybe...perhaps a snowball's chance in a Hell experiencing global cooling in an alternate universe, that they learned something. That certainly doesn't mean I'd get an Accent tattoo on my butt and wear a thong to the beach so everyone could see it. (An image I know no one needed to imagine, but work with me here. :tongue:)

As for your second paragraph, the one about our disagreements not being personal and attempting to bring forth dialogue and knowledge, I couldn't agree more. Now about the time you kicked my puppy just to hear it whine...that's still personal. Everything else is just a day in the office.

• Like 1

I guess we have a disagreement about me "encouraging" them to attempt a third venture. I personally don't see that. I'm just saying that if they came out of the gate with their ducks in a row, their "I"s dotted and their "T"s crossed, and the horse before the cart, I would have to feel somewhat relieved that maybe...just maybe...just a wee bit maybe...perhaps a snowball's chance in a Hell experiencing global cooling in an alternate universe, that they learned something. That certainly doesn't mean I'd get an Accent tattoo on my butt and wear a thong to the beach so everyone could see it. (An image I know no one needed to imagine, but work with me here. :tongue:)

As for your second paragraph, the one about our disagreements not being personal and attempting to bring forth dialogue and knowledge, I couldn't agree more. Now about the time you kicked my puppy just to hear it whine...that's still personal. Everything else is just a day in the office.

Now hold on there!!!!! Your dog was short, plump, small, brown and we were playing an intense game of rugby; and in the middle of a mud-filled mass of bodies I happened to kick that poor thing as it ran through our legs...

Now hold on there!!!!! Your dog was short, plump, small, brown and we were playing an intense game of rugby; and in the middle of a mud-filled mass of bodies I happened to kick that poor thing as it ran through our legs...

No...you kicked my dog to show disapproval with me relieving myself on your hydrangeas. Although my dog did run through our muddy legs during the rugby game, you only thought you kicked it again. Your boot connected, but not with the dog. I'm still wearing an ice pack at night. I thought you should be aware of that before we get strapped in for our bungee jump off Toronto's CN Tower.

• Like 1

Another way to look at it is: "Fool me once, shame on you - Fool me twice, shame on me."

When you say that, all I can think of is...

Now, back on topic! :)

• Like 1

Stu: I'm concerned some may think we should get a room. On the plus side, there's a large number of them available at the hotels the Accent camps were going to use. :tongue:

• Like 3

But do they have Free "Barking" for your dog?

lol

And apparently someone from Accent doesn't like either one of us! Welcome to my world! :shutup:

• Like 1