accent marching...just posted selling equipement

Seriously, I've never heard of them before. They could be a cheerleading squad for all I know.

• Like 1

Seriously, I've never heard of them before. They could be a cheerleading squad for all I know.

The following is not an insult, but a sincere compliment.

You have no idea what you just said.

• Like 3

Yeah, why take the time to read a thread before commenting on it?

• Like 5

Yep; sounds just like the person who needed to pass a bill to find out what was in it.

Or give us both red negative votes for expressing what many others possibly feel. Either that, or they don't realize the lit firecracker is Photoshopped and they believe the puppy was destroyed in the making of the poster.

NOTE: I have nothing against puppies and do not want to see them blow up.

• Like 1

I will now welcome negative marks, by providing gross generalizations.

The top graduates of "Music Business" schools are rarely good musicians, themselves. The type of thinking, mentality, organization, etc that it takes to successfully run a business or non-profit is different from what it takes to be a good musician (and in some cases a good instructor/teacher). Not necessarily better or worse, but truly different.

We see orchestras and drum corps fail, countless times, over and over again. Why? Because instead of putting people with business savvy in charge, they put musicians in charge.

Much like asking a businessman to run rehearsal or teach a sectional would fail, asking musicians to be in charge of large-ish organizations involving money, billing, sponsorships, etc does fail.

I imagine that almost everyone involved in this situation has their heart in the right place, but that's not always enough. Sometimes you have to surround yourself with people truly better than you, at what it takes to be successful.

Rarely, but sometimes, you find pepole that are great musicians and great businessmen. They come in and rule the roost in our business. Patrick Sheridan is a GREAT example of this type of guy.

• Like 3

This is very true, and is by and large why a lot of bands aren't able to succeed: creative people and business sense often do not go together. I can't say how this applies to Chris, but I can say this: reading his Twitter feed, it's clear why he can't seem to make anything last. All his posts reaching out are requests for people to help him "refine his pitch," like a politician who's being called out for overt lies thinking that the problem is that he just isn't communicating clearly enough. His problem is not his pitch, it's his follow-through and his truthfulness we doubt.

• Like 1

...All his posts reaching out are requests for people to help him "refine his pitch"...

For a pitch to be refined, it has to be heading towards the plate and not over the left field wall.

• Like 2