DCA Accepting Bids For 2014, 2015 World Championships

DCA Vice President Allen Buell announced this week that DCA will be accepting bids for the 2014, 2015 DCA World Championships. The DCA Championship presents not only a great time for drum corps fans and performers, but also is one of the largest conventions of its type each year. With several thousand participants and many [...]

... Read the rest of the article here - http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/2012/03/dca-accepting-bids-for-2014-2015-world-championships/

• 2 weeks later...

DCA Vice President Allen Buell announced this week that DCA will be accepting bids for the 2014, 2015 DCA World Championships. The DCA Championship presents not only a great time for drum corps fans and performers, but also is one of the largest conventions of its type each year. With several thousand participants and many [...]

... Read the rest of the article here - http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/2012/03/dca-accepting-bids-for-2014-2015-world-championships/

WOW…

Big surprise, no response to this announcement…..

Granted in was getting old in Rochester, to many years in a row…. and did need a change, but it is going to very hard to beat such a Corps friendly city.

I am looking forward to the next two years in Annapolis and I know it will be a change of pace…..

Where will it go after 2013… Any place you would like to see…

My bet it will be back in Rochester…..

Pete

I have $15.50 in Cash - I'll place the first bid for Las Vegas, NV

• Like 3

I'll throw in another $20 and a free buffet at Harrah's to the above bid.

• Like 1

I will throw 30 for Orlando FL

• Like 3

I'll throw in another $20 and a free buffet at Harrah's to the above bid.

Hey... if we can raise another million bucks or so to add to what you and Joey are putting up, we might have something going here. :thumbup::tongue:

I thought I heard/read that Annapolis was only a 1-year deal. which led me to thinking "what about 2013" when I saw this posting

Annapolis has been signed for 2 years... it was originally announced only one as the Naval Academy was not able to confirm the availability of the stadium until their football schedule for 2013 was finalized. Once it was determined that the stadium was available, the contract was changed to a 2 year bid...

I am a firm believer in 2 year bids...

Now since no one else has put up an idea to encourage a bid for 2014/15 - I will... and this represents NO insider information... quite the contrary, it is just my "idea"...

NASHVILLE, TN ...

However, I also must admit that DCA is way overdue for a trek back into the metropolitan NY area. Unfortunately, the logistics of this may make any successful bid very difficult...

I would also think that a reconsideration of Winston/Salem, NC - A thought I was a big part of a few years ago - would be in order...

• Like 2

I vote for California.

• Like 2

Minneapolis, MN? :lle:

• Like 4