DCA Accepting Bids For 2014, 2015 World Championships

I get what you are saying, but I don't know if the ones say nearer to the airport would even negotiate. The travelers in the area are their bread and butter. Turned down one major holiday weekend and they may never return.

Buffalo...

• Like 4

Ok, honestly, can anyone see a reason size-wise, why DCA would need a stadium the size of MetLife? I think our audience would look completely dwarfed by the size of the facility.

Ok, honestly, can anyone see a reason size-wise, why DCA would need a stadium the size of MetLife? I think our audience would look completely dwarfed by the size of the facility.

DCA would only sell tickets for 40% of the stadium capacity for seating when you look at the layout. The away side, and endzone seating would not be utilized, as typical with most drum corps shows. 40% of the total seating capacity of 82,566 is only 33,026 seats. That is 974 seats LESS that Annapolis.

Would the stadium dwarf the crowd.. yes. Would DCA sell tickets for 33,026 seats... no. Most likely half that number. So you are then talking about 40 to 40 seating in lower and mid level. Everyone has a great view, the acoustics are pretty decent, and you have all the other pro's to that area.

Really, the only CON is possibly the loss of the WOW factor for the performers. 15,000 people in that stadium will look small. But if they are as focused as they should be they might not even notice.

Edited by irishbugle

I would tend to agree with you, but if USSBA and YEA found away, I can't imagine DCA couldn't negotiate something.

In this day and age... any money is good money.

easy. YEA ansd USBands, by charter are youth organizations, and as such can get discount pricing

kinda like Wake Forest.

and correct on the hotels. with a major aiprort right there, DCA doesnt have the leverage they would in places like Rochester or Annapolis. the NYC metro area is it's own pull, and on a holiday weekend, DCA and the crowd it brings is a drop in a bucket

DCA would only sell tickets for 40% of the stadium capacity for seating when you look at the layout. The away side, and endzone seating would not be utilized, as typical with most drum corps shows. 40% of the total seating capacity of 82,566 is only 33,026 seats. That is 974 seats LESS that Annapolis.

Would the stadium dwarf the crowd.. yes. Would DCA sell tickets for 33,026 seats... no. Most likely half that number. So you are then talking about 40 to 40 seating in lower and mid level. Everyone has a great view, the acoustics are pretty decent, and you have all the other pro's to that area.

Really, the only CON is possibly the loss of the WOW factor for the performers. 15,000 people in that stadium will look small. But if they are as focused as they should be they might not even notice.

any stadium of this size would kill advances sales,.......and the tiered pricing would go completely out the window,........a stadium with concert side seating between the 20's totalling any more than 10 - 12k is very risky IMO,.........hence the reason the upper deck at Annapolis is not going to be opened,.........

and 8000 would dwarf all the more :blink:

kinda like Wake Forest.

and correct on the hotels. with a major aiprort right there, DCA doesnt have the leverage they would in places like Rochester or Annapolis. the NYC metro area is it's own pull, and on a holiday weekend, DCA and the crowd it brings is a drop in a bucket

The airport is 15 miles south of the stadium. There are nearly two hundred hotels between the airport and the stadium that would likely see any surge in travelers before a hotel in lets say Passaic county would.

Also, I can't image any business, including the one I run, turning away any kind of opportunity like that. Regardless of who gives it to you, money is still green. I'm sure somebody can correct me if I am wrong, but why would a hotel turn away an opportunity to sell out all their rooms for a three night event just to try and sell out all their rooms to the general public.

It's black and white- the more rooms that are occupied, the more money a hotel makes....

Really, what are debating anyway? The list price of those hotel rooms near the Stadium are still cheaper than the Crown Plaza and the Radisson in Rochester for that weekend, negotiating power aside.

Edited by irishbugle

any stadium of this size would kill advances sales,.......and the tiered pricing would go completely out the window,........a stadium with concert side seating between the 20's totalling any more than 10 - 12k is very risky IMO,.........hence the reason the upper deck at Annapolis is not going to be opened,.........

This is a good point.