Buglers Hall Of Fame Announces Class Of 2012 Inductees

The Buglers Hall of Fame is proud to announce the newly elected members for the Class of 2012 as follows: Stephen Cooley, (Genava Appleknockers, Rochester Crusaders) Baritone Soloist. Darcy Davis, (Lt Norman Princemen) two time VFW National Soprano Individual Champion 1950 and 1953. Chris Ferrara, (Chicago Royal Airs) featured Soprano Soloist 1961 to 1968. Chris [...]

... Read the rest of the article here - http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/2012/03/buglers-hall-of-fame-announces-class-of-2012-inductees/

The Buglers Hall of Fame is proud to announce the newly elected members for the Class of 2012 as follows: Stephen Cooley, (Genava Appleknockers, Rochester Crusaders) Baritone Soloist. Darcy Davis, (Lt Norman Princemen) two time VFW National Soprano Individual Champion 1950 and 1953. Chris Ferrara, (Chicago Royal Airs) featured Soprano Soloist 1961 to 1968. Chris [...]

... Read the rest of the article here - http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/2012/03/buglers-hall-of-fame-announces-class-of-2012-inductees/

And still no Gus Wilke??? For shame! sigh, considering how many members of the HOF had him as their very FIRST instructor and who were taught by him as they became more proficient with their instrument(s)! tsk, tsk, tsk!

Someone's falling down on the job. JMHO.

Ray

Edited by Ray Priester

Well Kent finally got in, now we need to get Walt Street in there and almost all will be well in Baritone land...

Every season when the the new HOF inductees are announced, we expect two types of reactions to be posted:

A. How come it took so long to put this guy in?

B. How come this guy was passed up?

The answer is simple. Somebody has to nominate him !!!

Here's how the three major HOFs work:

BUGLERS HALL OF FAME Members submit one-page nominations before the end of the calendar year. These are screened by the Nomination Committee which currently is chaired by Jim Cossetti and includes Hunter Moss, Steve Buglino, Bobby Gaff, and me. This year there were 20 submissions and we narrowed them down to 12 on the ballot. Voting is by the current membership, and the top 8 will be inducted in April. Non-electees are not carried over to the following year, but may be re-submitted.

WORLD DRUM CORPS HALL OF FAME Members submit 2-page nominations early in the year. A Nomination Committee screens these and chooses candidates in Brass, Percussion, and Marching. Voting is by the current membership, and induction is at the WDCHOF banquet on the DCA championship weekend. Candidates not elected are carried over to the next season.

DCI HALL OF FAME Anyone may submit a nomination. A Committee takes only the first five that are sent in for each candidate, so a coordinated campaign is advisable. The number of inductees varies each year. Voting is by the current membership, and inductions are held during the DCI Championship week. Non-electees are not carried over.

So friends, instead of asking Question A or B, make up a submission and present it through the proper channels.

BUGLERS HALL OF FAME Members submit one-page nominations before the end of the calendar year. These are screened by the Nomination Committee which currently is chaired by Jim Cossetti and includes Hunter Moss, Steve Buglino, Bobby Gaff, and me. This year there were 20 submissions and we narrowed them down to 12 on the ballot. Voting is by the current membership, and the top 8 will be inducted in April. Non-electees are not carried over to the following year, but may be re-submitted.

So friends, instead of asking Question A or B, make up a submission and present it through the proper channels.

Please understand that the submission forms for the Buglers Hall of Fame can ONLY be submitted by current members, and not by just anyone. This is why he said "through the proper channels".

Please understand that the submission forms for the Buglers Hall of Fame can ONLY be submitted by current members, and not by just anyone. This is why he said "through the proper channels".

I am led to believe that Gus's nomination had been submitted by Grass! So..... someone fell down.

I am led to believe that Gus's nomination had been submitted by Grass! So..... someone fell down.

I'm sorry to hear that....that is REALLY a shame!!!!

Congrats to the newest members of the BHOF...some VERY deserving names got in. I also believe that Gus should be in, but he has to be nominated every year as Kenny Norman said.

Yes the bari line is getting more weight this year with Steve Cooley and Kent Pennell.

Donny

Good to see Kent get in. Congrats from one powerlord to another. (WE ARE TO LOUD TO BE WRONG)

Edited by Bob Murray

Raymond, my old and true buddy,

Though I am not on the committee at present, I did see all the submissions for the current cycle. Gus's was not among these, so may have been presented some years ago. These are not carried over.

I agree he is a prime candidate and, if no one else does it, I will personally submit his name in the next round. I count on you to remind me.

All the best,

Frank