Buglers Hall Of Fame Announces Class Of 2012 Inductees

Cooley's list of corps he has been involved with must be a mile long,........I remember going to area RCA shows as a kid, and his name was announced as either an arranger or instructor for just about every corps on the field,.........really!

Congrats Steve!

Raymond, my old and true buddy,

Though I am not on the committee at present, I did see all the submissions for the current cycle. Gus's was not among these, so may have been presented some years ago. These are not carried over.

I agree he is a prime candidate and, if no one else does it, I will personally submit his name in the next round. I count on you to remind me.

All the best,

Frank

Thank you Frank. It is appreciated.

The Buglers Hall of Fame is proud to announce the newly elected members for the Class of 2012 as follows:

Chris Ferrara, (Chicago Royal Airs) featured Soprano Soloist 1961 to 1968.

Great choice!!

Chris is one of the truly good guys in the activity. Besides his storied career with RA, Chris solo-ed for the Kilties in the 90s, and recently founded the new SDCA Arena Corps circuit. And unlike many lead sops, Chris is actually very humble (Really, I'm not just saying that.)

Cooley's list of corps he has been involved with must be a mile long,........I remember going to area RCA shows as a kid, and his name was announced as either an arranger or instructor for just about every corps on the field,.........really!

Congrats Steve!

Thanks Gary! I loved RCA and DCA! Great opportuities, Wonderful and funny people...and a few parties along the way. Some of the most memorable with the Thunderbirds...My wife's all time favorite time was in 1996...we had just won mini corps, went back to the hotel to discover a huge wedding reception in progress..we crashed the wedding, played for the bride and groom and all the guests and partied with them until 4AM!! I don't think I've ever laughed that much!What a great night!

Thanks Gary! I loved RCA and DCA! Great opportuities, Wonderful and funny people...and a few parties along the way. Some of the most memorable with the Thunderbirds...My wife's all time favorite time was in 1996...we had just won mini corps, went back to the hotel to discover a huge wedding reception in progress..we crashed the wedding, played for the bride and groom and all the guests and partied with them until 4AM!! I don't think I've ever laughed that much!What a great night!

true story,.............when I was a kid in the Dal Demons we were runners for the judges at RCA Championships here in Erie,.............my station was to cover the cheif/timing and penalties judge,........so I had a seat right next to Alf Wateska who was recording the show,.......several corps who had already been on had Cooley on the staff,.........the Patriots were coming on and you were again announced as arranger and instructor,...........Alf says to his son Fran "who is this guy?",............so I pointed to you marching onto the field leading your boys, and said "that's him!",.............it's on tape!