1992 Cadets of Bergen County is DCI.org Download of the Week

As I stated on Facebook, I was a member of this show, love that you chose it, but I do think there were several better clips that could have been showcased. The Opener, the revolving plane, the battle sequence and the last :90 seconds of that show. Just saying, if I had never seen or heard that show, that small clip would not have reeled me in.

• Like 1

As I stated on Facebook, I was a member of this show, love that you chose it, but I do think there were several better clips that could have been showcased. The Opener, the revolving plane, the battle sequence and the last :90 seconds of that show. Just saying, if I had never seen or heard that show, that small clip would not have reeled me in.

I replied the following to Ghost in another thread.

Sometimes I feature the drums, sometimes the horns, and I felt this was a perfect opportunity to feature one of the great guard moments in setting a mood.

The truth is...there are so many moments in this show that could have been featured, I could have picked any one of them.

But since this moment in the ballad particularly struck me, and I'm the one with the keys to the computer keyboard, I picked it.

And I'd be remiss if I didn't end with this: I really do deeply appreciate that you read my columns and feel passionate enough to comment on such.

• Like 1

I think 1992 had, to this day, the deepest and best/most talented Finals lineups in DCI history. If you haven't picked up a DCI audio bundle - this is the one to start with.

This Cadets show was right in the time (along with the '91 program) where they started to "modernize" their programming and really spread their wings a bit. (So to speak.) I thought their drum section was highly underrated that year as well - they were playing good stuff while hauling butt around the field.

Good choice!

Mike

One of my all-time favorite shows ever. Got to see it a lot that summer. For those who didn't see it outside of the finals vid, it's fun to note (just remembered this seeing that clip) that the guard all year wore a pilot's cap and goggles as part of the costume. On finals night, they got a chance to "let their hair down", literally!

This show is a personal favorite. I put it in the category of shows that if they had only had another week to clean they would have won. Demand was off the chart.

• Like 1

I'd say the only thing holding them back on finals night was the tuning of the brass.

• Like 1

I replied the following to Ghost in another thread.

Sometimes I feature the drums, sometimes the horns, and I felt this was a perfect opportunity to feature one of the great guard moments in setting a mood.

The truth is...there are so many moments in this show that could have been featured, I could have picked any one of them.

But since this moment in the ballad particularly struck me, and I'm the one with the keys to the computer keyboard, I picked it.

And I'd be remiss if I didn't end with this: I really do deeply appreciate that you read my columns and feel passionate enough to comment on such.

Appreciate your effort to keep stuff fresh. Most people would probably have picked a different segment which is exactly why it's cool that you picked this one. Sometimes it's good to be kicked out of the familiar -- makes you look at things with new perspective.

• Like 1