SCV Corps Jacket Sold on eBay

Hi folks,

An auction on eBay featuring a Santa Clara Vanguard Member Jacket recently ended.

Here's a link to it (with all of the pertinent details):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... true&rt=nc

NOTE: The jacket doesn't have a "Member Patch" on either sleeve (1994)

Please keep an eye out for this jacket at any upcoming Drum Corps shows / Events. I'll be on the lookout at DCI West (Stanford) and Pacific Procession (this year and every year for the rest of my life). If you see the guy wearing this jacket be sure to ask for his ID...

Jason Nuckels

SCV 1986

South San Francisco Conquistadors 1984-85

The description mentions the name "Brian" and that he was in the horn line. Does anyone know Brian, and if so, can you ask him what happened?

I'd love to meet the fine human being who broke into my house and emptied my dresser of all the "valuables", including about $40 of my wifes cosmetic jewelry and my 1988 championship ring...

I'm sure it's really been important to him.

Can't you get a copy ring?

Not the same i know but better than nothing.

SCV is in your heart and that anyone would buy and wear a jacket can't put SCV in there.

THANK YOU!

Don't get me wrong, I understand the emotions tied to it, but at the end of the day, it's just a jacket. I probably felt the same way about things like that (and fraternity letters, etc) when I was younger, but now, meh.

Anyone who would wear the jacket of a corps they never marched with, or claim to have marched somewhere that they hadn't, is just sad, and should be pitied more than anything else.

Not to mention how funny it is to me... thinking that anyone outside of our activity would understand WHY someone would want to claim to have been in a particular marching band! :tongue:

• Like 1

I remember not so long ago corps jackets were available for all to buy. I had a black Phantom Regiment jacket & a green Madison Scouts Jacket.

Please don't assume whoever bought the jacket is going to parade around saying they were Brian from the 94 horn line. The person might be a collector, might make it into a pillow, might return it to the corps or might be Brian reclaiming his long lost property.

At $132 did this jacket appreciate in price? How much was it originally?