Phantom Regiment 2012

there is ...... I'm not going to say.

Its done differently than the corps with Shaw's solo in the past.

I'm waiting to see how the current arrangement works on the field before I say anything else. BUT, be assured, some dude is NOT going to be saddled with trying to be equal or better than what Phantom did in the past.

A previous poster stated that Turandot does not have the/enough selections to make a good show. That might be true IF the entire show is based on brass arrangements. Is Phantom only brass? I've heard a couple runthroughts of this year's program. Yes, it will change once everyone is in camp and they start marching and playing. But, in 2012, this is a team event. A great deal is expected of percussion (all sections) and brass.

I know now. Even if I hadn't been PM'd with the info I could have guessed from the posts on the subject......

Not sure why it's secret but that's not my call to make.

Edited by 3rd Glasgow BB

I know now. Even if I hadn't been PM'd with the info I could have guessed from the posts on the subject......

Not sure why it's secret but that's not my call to make.

I don't really think it's a secret. I think it's obvious which instrument it is, I mainly said ''not mellophone, and an instrument more fitting for the voice of the aria'' to be funny. Kind like... it starts with an E, and rhymes with maphonium. :tongue:

• Like 1

I don't really think it's a secret. I think it's obvious which instrument it is, I mainly said ''not mellophone, and an instrument more fitting for the voice of the aria'' to be funny. Kind like... it starts with an E, and rhymes with maphonium. :tongue:

Which is not what I was PM'd!

Perhaps I'll just wait till June........

You sure about that?

....let's bet on NOT.....but, I want to see what happens on the field before I say anything else. What I saw last week was different than what I saw in February, but that's not saying it won't revert back and change as the season goes on......

I know this group can drum, clang, bong, dance and bark, BUT can they march AND will they be able to march what I saw being praticed indoors????

NOT your average Phantom Regiment!

....let's bet on NOT.....but, I want to see what happens on the field before I say anything else. What I saw last week was different than what I saw in February, but that's not saying it won't revert back and change as the season goes on......

I know this group can drum, clang, bong, dance and bark, BUT can they march AND will they be able to march what I saw being praticed indoors????

NOT your average Phantom Regiment!

what???! I thought that was for the blue guys! :tongue:

(I keed I keed!)

• Like 3

Remember:

Chinese SOUNDS.

....forgot gong.......

...and that's my baby boy on the right side of the pit who gets a turn on the gong and the Chinese cymbals!thumbup.gif

• Like 1

A previous poster stated that Turandot does not have the/enough selections to make a good show.

After reading that post, I listened to the opera for the first time; it has more than two hours of lovely music, easily enough to condense into a twelve-minute show. I hope "Ho una casa nell'Honan" is included.