Phantom Regiment 2012

No sash?

A sash doesn't fit this show as well as a Chinese 'coin' does.

It fits the theme and other things that will reveal themselves later....you will see how a sash just wouldn't work.

Just like last year, the crest fit the show much better than a sash.

Its a 'team' this year - not music doing one thing and guard doing another. This time they have to work more with each other. Its an opera.....of music and motion.

Same with the horns. It fits the sound that the show needs to produce, IMO. I'm not a music major nor a horn player, but these changes are working so far.

• Like 1

It'll bring a more complex and full sound to the line.

I am sure that they will sound wonderful, but we hear mixed bari/euph hornlines all the time. Is their sound going to be different than these other mixed lines?

I'm pretty sure that they will still have that Phantom sound, I'm just trying to figure out the more "complex and full sound" part of what you wrote.

Looking forward to hearing and seeing them!

I am sure that they will sound wonderful, but we hear mixed bari/euph hornlines all the time. Is their sound going to be different than these other mixed lines?

I'm pretty sure that they will still have that Phantom sound, I'm just trying to figure out the more "complex and full sound" part of what you wrote.

Looking forward to hearing and seeing them!

I meant in comparison to their sound last year. I always felt there was something missing from that line.

What I've heard of this one, I like so far. I'll have to see how it translates to the outdoors.

I meant in comparison to their sound last year. I always felt there was something missing from that line.

What I've heard of this one, I like so far. I'll have to see how it translates to the outdoors.

Cool.

I think that some of that may be due to the different arranging style of the current arranger from the previous arranger, but I am all for corps trying different mixes of brass.

Actually, I believe that more corps could differentiate themselves from the pack by going further and playing around with the mix of instrument types.

Maybe add some frenchies back into the mix?

Cool.

I think that some of that may be due to the different arranging style of the current arranger from the previous arranger, but I am all for corps trying different mixes of brass.

Actually, I believe that more corps could differentiate themselves from the pack by going further and playing around with the mix of instrument types.

Maybe add some frenchies back into the mix?

Would it be blasphemous of me if I preferred the new one over the old one?