Phantom Regiment 2012

It was only the 1st show but well done... a few folk on here will be choking on their coffee this morning. :ph34r:

I'm kind of hoping we see some sort of layering for this show for the rest of the season. It was good for the first show, almost too good in fact, that I don't know if it's enough of a vehicle to carry all the way to Finals. There is something to be said for coming out polished at the season opener, and it was a great show, but doesn't that mean you have a risk of topping out too early? I know there are many years when a corps has come out on fire, and then fallen back as the season progressed because there wasn't enough meat to the show to keep cleaning and building (Bluecoats '07 jumps to mind)

On a more positive note, it was a great show, very beautiful, and I really didn't need to have an education in the opera before, which is a great touch, since lots of DCI fans won't know the opera back to front before they come to the show. And Phantom and death just seem to go together lately, but they may want to borrow the prop head the Cavaliers used in '08 for this show, the red streamers looked a bit lame when they zoomed in on them.

Can't wait to see how they do out west. They were the middle of the pack at Akron, so how they go against SCV/BK/Boston/ and BD should be very interesting in the next week

• Like 1

I know there are many years when a corps has come out on fire, and then fallen back as the season progressed because there wasn't enough meat to the show to keep cleaning and building

True, but many more shows that looked good early season have gone on to be great shows.

PR are the masters of the rewrite & the tweak so we'll see what the season brings.

So far so good.

I'm kind of hoping we see some sort of layering for this show for the rest of the season. It was good for the first show, almost too good in fact, that I don't know if it's enough of a vehicle to carry all the way to Finals. There is something to be said for coming out polished at the season opener, and it was a great show, but doesn't that mean you have a risk of topping out too early? I know there are many years when a corps has come out on fire, and then fallen back as the season progressed because there wasn't enough meat to the show to keep cleaning and building (Bluecoats '07 jumps to mind)

On a more positive note, it was a great show, very beautiful, and I really didn't need to have an education in the opera before, which is a great touch, since lots of DCI fans won't know the opera back to front before they come to the show. And Phantom and death just seem to go together lately, but they may want to borrow the prop head the Cavaliers used in '08 for this show, the red streamers looked a bit lame when they zoomed in on them.

Can't wait to see how they do out west. They were the middle of the pack at Akron, so how they go against SCV/BK/Boston/ and BD should be very interesting in the next week

Yeah, the red streamers are a bit plain, compared to the other flags and costumes; almost seem to be an after thought, even though they have used similar strips of red fabric before.

Might be neat to have a darker red pattern on them (maybe scales like a dragon/fish) ...

Anyone notice the 2 guard members who run to the back while all the others run in between them toward the front ... that looks like a classic PR move with a big fabric "kite" is still to come!

I saw the bootleg that is floating around on the various social networks. They look pretty amazing for June. This show has a lot of elements of the 2008 World Championship show.

• Like 1

They win award for most beautiful guard equipment and uniforms. Those looked AMAZING against the white uniforms, whoever is in charge of their guard, keep them, they are doing a FANTASTIC job!!! :thumbup:

The ladies represent the Phantom Regiment guard in true fashion. They are graceful and beautiful in every move they make on the field. Can't wait to see how the show progresses over the next week. I'm sure you will all be amazed as more and more goes into the show. See you all at Show of Show's.......SUTA!

• Like 4