Phantom Regiment 2012

Didn't beat the Devils tonight (surprise, surprise), but Phantom got a great hand when 2nd place was announced. 73.1

Steady she goes Phantom.

You looked good on Fan Network tonight.

Congratulations!

That's the same score from the Mesa show. ;(

They also won best guard last night - no easy feat against the Blue Devils - congrats on that !!!!

Later,

Mike

• Like 1

I'm not reading this entire thread.....

But can somebody tell me this... Do they have sumo wrestlers in China? What's up with the sumo movements?

First post on the forums! Gotta say, I'm really digging regiment's new mello holds! Seems like a much improved line thumbup.gif

• Like 2

But can somebody tell me this... Do they have sumo wrestlers in China? What's up with the sumo movements?

http://app1.chinadaily.com.cn/star/2004/0422/sp29-2.html

All I'm saying is that the music sounds a lot different when played while marching compared to concert or encore style.

WHAT they are doing while playing this music will blow you away is several instances.

You are absolutely right. I'm just now watching it from the Stanford show last night, and I absolutely love the show. In fact, I'm going to go as far as to say I like the music more than some of JD's arrangements (obviously not all of them).

I've never been a huge fan of PR, but man, this show may win me over. It's amazing.

Edited by cmathis

i kind of thought the same thing.

this show is turning into something great though.

I don't usually like synth sounds but I wish they used an 'Erhu' sound instead of a female voice before the nessun dorma tease.

I hope they incorporate some Erhu into the show or some other traditional chinese instrument sounds, that would be so awesome... or maybe it would be cheesy, i don't know... :p

it would probably be nice

Edited by general_tsos_chicken2

I don't know man but those Taiko drums were mic'd just right last night! That was one of the greatest drum corps shows I have ever seen! I think they can definitely win DCI with this show!!!