Phantom Regiment 2012

I stand corrected. I was thinking of Pagliacci, and if I recall, the soloist was perhaps RD from NW LA St.? I'm using my foggy memory on this and I don't have any recordings with me past 1990 except for 1999 (outstanding year).

I used initials because I don't want to bash anyone. There was tremendous exposure, too, on this piece. A very tough position to be in. Takes a lot of kahungas to step in and say "I'll do it - take on the toughest part of the show with total exposure". Takes a lot of self-confidence, too. Perhaps a little off topic, but one could say, how about the Scouts sop soloists and the BD sop soloists (meltdown there, too in 19xx?)? I would say that the exposure was much shorter with lots of backup.

It makes me cringe to see anyone blow their solo because I feel very bad for the player. I was a soloist of sorts in jazz ensemble because I was the only one on the instrument. I made mistakes and it still bothers me, but I was covered by the band and recovery is part of musicianship.

I hope every moment in every Corps is as good as they can make it.

Kevin

It's RV actually. (A very accomplished musician and educator. And a very cool guy.)

Nice clip. Well done. Unfortunately I have major problems with streaming and I think it's due to poor connectivity with my wireless. I usually get no more than 2 seconds, then have to wait over a minute for the next 2 seconds. Very frustrating.

Thanks for the effort. The problem is on my end.

Kevin

Corey, Thanks for the information. Can you provide more information? Where is he teaching? I have homes in Louisiana and Texas. I think R may have been from Louisiana. I was absolutely sincere on my point that extensive exposure should be recognized and given great credit.

Thanks,

Kevin

Corey, Thanks for the information. Can you provide more information? Where is he teaching? I have homes in Louisiana and Texas. I think R may have been from Louisiana. I was absolutely sincere on my point that extensive exposure should be recognized and given great credit.

Thanks,

Kevin

I thought RV moved up north and lived in Minnnnneeeesuta. He was from L or T, went to NSU back in the day.

• 3 weeks later...

According to Facebook, Phantom is getting new uniforms again. Do you think it will be a show related touch like the Montague crest from last year? Anyone else hoping for all black? :thumbup:

According to Facebook, Phantom is getting new uniforms again. Do you think it will be a show related touch like the Montague crest from last year? Anyone else hoping for all black? :thumbup:

My vote's for a new shield plate like last year. Hopefully the plume will go back to all white.

Report from camp says that the horn drill is really good. GET EXCITED!

I'm getting more excited about this show.

Excited to hear a different brass arranger. And I have always been a fan of Jamey's drill.

I'm ready to be entertained.

• Like 1