Contra94

Largest Numbers for Each Section?

I remember seeing a picture of the Madison Scouts 2010 tuba line, I'm now wondering, who've had the largest lines for each section?

Not sure, and I don't know where you find out other than individual Corps sites, or what difference it would make, other than for Contras/Tubas. I do know that in the days of the 128/132 size limitation, that Phantom Regiment was regarded as having the biggest Contra line and may have had as many as 14. Wierd number since we're used to thinking in fours, but I don't suppose it made any difference with curvilinear drill. Boo might know something on the subject and this site has many posts about balance numbers, e.g 4 sops, 2 altos (mellos ) 4 baris,2 basses, or whatever the recommondation may be, (and I am not qualified to make any, other than load up on the bass horns and put them in the front).

May not help and I will either get blasted or get some of those viral emoticoms. Good luck.

K

Another Freelancers first:

Up till 1979, 8 contras was the norm for just about any Corps. Some even only had 6. In 1979, The Sacramento Freelancers entered the field for competition with 10 Contra Basses. A first... It's gone up since then...

I know... Tangent

• Like 1

Madison had 24 in 2011.

Also, wasn't this last season the first year Phantom has ever marched more than twelve in a while?

Madison had 24 in 2011.

Also, wasn't this last season the first year Phantom has ever marched more than twelve in a while?

They had 16 in 2009 and this past summer

Madison had 24 in 2011.

Yeah, but four of 'em looked like this:

P50-DS15SWbig.jpg

• Like 2

Yeah, but four of 'em looked like this:

P50-DS15SWbig.jpg

THAT just happened.