Hmmm... Are we "Full Circle" ?

FreelancerAlumni

Found this.

Interesting??? I think someone is noticing the benefit of a "G" horn !

http://www.monette.net/newsite/online/Newsletter2008Summer/RonMilesSATTVA.htm

Although it is a newsletter from 2008.

So Which corps will be the first to sport all Monette Horns in the key of "G" ???

Found this.

Interesting??? I think someone is noticing the benefit of a "G" horn !

http://www.monette.net/newsite/online/Newsletter2008Summer/RonMilesSATTVA.htm

Although it is a newsletter from 2008.

So Which corps will be the first to sport all Monette Horns in the key of "G" ???

Hmmm...better late than never:

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/index.php/topic/113064-monette-in-g/page__p__2256208__hl__monette__fromsearch__1#entry2256208My link

But the key of an instrument makes no difference right? :felloff:

Hmmm...better late than never:

http://www.drumcorps...#entry2256208My link

Yea... I'm always late !:lookaround:

It's called a "SATTVA". Don't know why ? Peel away all the fancy bracing and it looks a lot like a Soprano Bugle. Some differances, but Monettes web site says, "is a one of a kind, unique new instrument". Should I write them and let them know ????

Na... Doesn't matter...

• Like 1

Yea... I'm always late !:lookaround:

It's called a "SATTVA". Don't know why ? Peel away all the fancy bracing and it looks a lot like a Soprano Bugle. Some differances, but Monettes web site says, "is a one of a kind, unique new instrument". Should I write them and let them know ????

Na... Doesn't matter...

"Sattva" is a hindu term that is used in Yoga. It refers to an object or being having purity and resisting in creating evil in the world. Dave Monette borrows terms from Yoga for most of his instrument types. He's been involved in Yoga for many years and incorporates it in his business philosophy.

You should definitely contact him and provide him the very important feedback you cited. I'm sure he, as does the rest of the world, would benefit greatly from your wisdom.

• Like 1

"Sattva" is a hindu term that is used in Yoga. It refers to an object or being having purity and resisting in creating evil in the world. Dave Monette borrows terms from Yoga for most of his instrument types. He's been involved in Yoga for many years and incorporates it in his business philosophy.

You should definitely contact him and provide him the very important feedback you cited. I'm sure he, as does the rest of the world, would benefit greatly from your wisdom.

Wow ! Sarcasm... rock.gif

I was just trying to make a "funny".

Was wondering where the "different" names were from...

Wow ! Sarcasm... rock.gif

I was just trying to make a "funny".

Was wondering where the "different" names were from...

LOL. You brought up the G topic.... :devil:

What is funny is how he goes down the list of other trumpets he's played and what key they are in. He also goes into retraining his ear..just like you do with every other trumpet that isn't Bb FWIW.

Edited by Mello Dude
  • Like 1

LOL. You brought up the G topic.... :devil:

What is funny is how he goes down the list of other trumpets he's played and what key they are in. He also goes into retraining his ear..just like you do with every other trumpet that isn't Bb FWIW.

Very true !

I find it intresting how in the Monette article how they were trying to get a certin "sound" and they picked the key of "G" as attaining that sound.

I often wonder what the "G" horns would have been like today if DCI would have stuck with them. More advancement? For sure! The "industry" would have demanded it.

Listening to the Monette sound clips... WOW ! Would have been intresting, and cool!!!

• Like 1