Soooo, who has openings

Those positions have been filled. They now need to beef up the synthesizer nonet.

They have nonet ?

Guardling is absolutely right and allow me to tell you all a little story to put some light on why....

Top 12 WC drum corps typically have anywhere between 170-300 people audition in the November-January audition camps. Unfortunately, those "camps" may as well be considered "clinics" because 70% of the "rookie attendees" cannot play or march their way out of a paper bag and don't get a spot or even a call back to the next camp. Average high school wannabees at best. So, by January...February maybe......corps go down considerably in numbers (some as low as 50ish horns) and they spend the remainder of time between February and June actively recruiting to hopefully find the level of talent they are really looking for.

So yes, I'm sure there are openings. However, they are not going to be any quicker to take an average Joe who they have to "teach how to play and march" any quicker than they were in December. The days of sticking a horn in a kid's hand and pampering them through the summer are long over. So, if you have the talent, take your pick. I'm sure every corps out there is looking for STRONG talent right now. But don't kid yourself into thinking that an "open spot" means they are just looking for a "plug".

Edited by stevedb1975
  • Like 3

The days of sticking a horn in a kid's hand and pampering them through the summer are long over.

When did they begin ? I must have not been around for those days.

Edited by BRASSO

Dirty little drum corps brassline secret:

Everyone has openings if you are a strong player.

get out..... who would have thunk it.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 3

If your in Southern California visit SoCal Dream...

I know, right! I wish when you followed around my posts you'd keep the first thing that you write, up there, instead of editing it. If it is funny, go with your gut. That's what makes your posts awesome, Brassomasterzero.

I'll try, General.

As people have stated above, if you don't have what it takes to do a WC/OC corps, try DCA for a season or two. There are many corps out there that have holes (pretty much all DCA corps). And the cost of marching is a lot lower.