DCI Fan Network 2012

I'd like to pay all that money for a product that works. You know... one that isn't down frequently, that has better customer support, that has better audio, that has better video, that doesn't lag until the product is unviewable.

But hey, that's just me... you guys keep wishing for a corvette, when all we've been given so far is a bicycle.

I've subscribed since 2007? - I've never experienced any of the things you're talking about. I've always been able to connect, and rarely had any lag at all.

• Like 4

it would be nice to have a free waffle iron with the corps insignia of your choice

• Like 2

I'd like to pay all that money for a product that works. You know... one that isn't down frequently, that has better customer support, that has better audio, that has better video, that doesn't lag until the product is unviewable.

But hey, that's just me... you guys keep wishing for a corvette, when all we've been given so far is a bicycle.

I've also been a subscriber for years w/o any problems.

• Like 2

Once I get some free time this week, I'll dig around for some of the threads from last year on the subject. Quite a few difficulties for the live events.

I'm glad a lot of you didn't have problems, but I remember specifically, lots did. I also wish I was in your segment and not the other.

• Like 2

I was thinking that also. If I were a developer, I'd work on a DCI Fan Network App for Roku and submit it. It would be a great asset for DCI to expand their reach and give fans a great additional outlet for content, not to mention all the people who might just happen across the app in the channel store and take a look, then all of the sudden.. a new DCI fan (isn't there a "GrowDrumCorps" campaign going on???).

I would not hesitate to pay for the app, or a little more in the FN membership for that kind of access. No more hooking the computer to the HDMI connection on the TV... just point and click my Roku remote.

Wishful thinking?? :thumbup:

a poster here on DCP made a DCI (not fan network) app a couple years ago and tried to get it to DCI, but they didn't want it (if I remember correctly).

I've also been a subscriber for years w/o any problems.

I've had very few problems as well. There were a couple of problems last year, but they were resolved quickly and I got to see the whole event later...

I think the problems people have had has to do with their computer. My pentium 4 computer would lag so i built a quad core and it streams perfect.

I'm several thousand miles from these events and I've never had a problem. I've had a few problems with live streams of DCE shows but never DCI shows.

Aging hardware may explain some folk's problems. The other option is your line speed/capacity.

I suspect that most of those problems are on your end. Live webcasts do not lag on the sending end - they can only lag on the receiving end. Many Internet transmissions will also try to avoid that problem by adjusting the quality downward if the receiving system cannot accept the bit rate of a full quality stream.

At my house, I see these same problems setting in on an aging computer, affecting webcasts from all sources. Meanwhile, the newer computer streams without those issues.

A more fitting analogy is that the Fan Network is the highway, and user experience varies with the condition of their Corvettes and bicycles.

a poster here on DCP made a DCI (not fan network) app a couple years ago and tried to get it to DCI, but they didn't want it (if I remember correctly).

I remember that. Who knows. Perhaps someone at DCI will come into the digital age and realize there are many more ways to reach out and build a fan-base, other than hits on a website. It's all about the $. Music Education... what's that???:thumbdown:

Edited by xrock80
  • Like 1