Cadets Offer $1500. in tour credits for mellophone soloist

DCP hunches...

... Exposing the truth since 2005.

well, not everyone can leak G7 documents

:ph34r:

:tongue:

You win. I have never been quoted, partially quoted, misquoted, deciphered, poked etc in any thread as much as this one. I generally like to respond when someone directs a question or comment directly to me, but I just don't have the time to respond to multiple snippets and personal jabs.

My final thoughts on this thread: Maybe I am not clear when I put my thoughts in writing, and for that I apologize, but I stand by my post. I maintain my sense of humor is just fine. This thread is just as valid as any other. Have a good day all.

oh hell. write a review sometime. then see what people do to your words

:shutup:

To be fair, it's fairly common knowledge that the Cadets are the most expensive corps to march, tuition wise anyway.

Well then.

It is coming upon the 2012 summer season.

No doubt you can bestow upon us the tuition breakdown for each corps.

readysetgo

Well then.

It is coming upon the 2012 summer season.

No doubt you can bestow upon us the tuition breakdown for each corps.

readysetgo

As a dino, way back in the mesozoic era of 2001, I paid $975 to march PR. Cadets at that time were $2,800. I know now, when it is all said and done you are out almost $4,000 to march there.

Registration Fee $175

Audition Camp Fee $115

Second Camp Fee $100

Third Camp Fee $100

Uniform Fee $100

Spring Training Fee $599

Summer Tuition Fee $2699

• Like 1

As a dino, way back in the mesozoic era of 2001, I paid $975 to march PR. Cadets at that time were $2,800. I know now, when it is all said and done you are out almost $4,000 to march there.

Registration Fee $175

Audition Camp Fee $115

Second Camp Fee $100

Third Camp Fee $100

Uniform Fee $100

Spring Training Fee $599

Summer Tuition Fee $2699

And that is not including transportation to and from camps. If someone is flying in and they have made it to each camp... oh boy.

Registration Fee $175

Audition Camp Fee $115

Second Camp Fee $100

Third Camp Fee $100

Uniform Fee $100

Spring Training Fee $599

Summer Tuition Fee $2699

In the interest of full disclosure, there are ways to save a bit:

Reg fee: $0 for returning members or $135 for 1st timers if they registered early enough

And the Spring Training and Summer Tuition fees combined would be $2798 if paid in full by Jan 6 saving $500, or $2998 if paid in full by Jan 27 saving $300.

Still expensive?? Absolutely. My kid's marching her 3rd season there this year and I wasn't able to take advantage of the early payment discounts, so we're paying the full nut. Plus, it's the closest WC corps to where we live, so travel expenses are not too bad - just gas and I-95 tolls. But the experiences she's had there make it a bargain at twice the price, IMHO.

Can't find cost info on PR's site, but I perused a few other WC corps, and they all ran $2,500 - $3,000 in cost, not including travel costs and misc fees. Crown, Troopers, BD, Xmen, Scouts are some of the ones I looked at.

Can't find cost info on PR's site, but I perused a few other WC corps, and they all ran $2,500 - $3,000 in cost, not including travel costs and misc fees. Crown, Troopers, BD, Xmen, Scouts are some of the ones I looked at.

Yeah, and remember that BD doesn't provide housing or food during spring training. I don't know if the "six guys in a one bedroom apartment" thing is still the way it works out there during that time, but still... that's another expense.

For where the Cadets are located and for the services they provide, the fee is a little high, but not abnormally so. That said, I would not have been able to afford it were fees this high during my first year. I think it came out to around $1200 total that year -- 1998.

Yeah, and remember that BD doesn't provide housing or food during spring training. I don't know if the "six guys in a one bedroom apartment" thing is still the way it works out there during that time, but still... that's another expense.

Wow. Didn't know that. The Cadets house everyone, including staff and volunteers, in dorm rooms at a small college in Johnstown, PA. Two rooms share a bathroom (toilet/shower) and they put 3 kids in a room with two beds (one's on the floor), and the volunteers are either doubles or singles, depending on the schedule. Food truck is setup day one and runs as usual for the entirety of spring training - 4 meals a day. And they are even allowed to use the school's wifi (at least they were the past two years - we'll see about this year).

I think you are right. Because by the time I aged out of PR fees were 1,500. So it would seem reasonable that they broke 2g.

Does Madison still do the step down program that rewards people for being power vets? They had some guys in the early 2000's that were paying next to nothing to march.