Cadets Offer $1500. in tour credits for mellophone soloist

actually in 07, 95% of the booing was aimed at one person

Sorry, there were 150 performers on the field being booed, as well as support staff. It is impossible to say it was intended for this one or that one, etc...IMO, anyway.

As a dino, way back in the mesozoic era of 2001, I paid $975 to march PR. Cadets at that time were $2,800. I know now, when it is all said and done you are out almost $4,000 to march there.

Registration Fee $175

Audition Camp Fee $115

Second Camp Fee $100

Third Camp Fee $100

Uniform Fee $100

Spring Training Fee $599

Summer Tuition Fee $2699

As a first year member in 2001 at the Cadets, I did not pay $2,800. I paid $1,700. That was an "early bird" set as a deadline in the winter. Normal was $1,900.

Sorry, there were 150 performers on the field being booed, as well as support staff. It is impossible to say it was intended for this one or that one, etc...IMO, anyway.

This is why booing is inappropriate. Now, sitting on one's hands is another issue entirely.

To me it seems like a slight slap in the face. You wouldn't open this up unless you were not 100% confident that a person in the hornline could not play the role. Sure, they all could audition. You should be using what you have within the ranks. They should be able to fill any spot in the show with someone within that horn line. If not, might the music or design be over written for the kids that are in the ranks now.

• Like 1

Informed by this discussion, Im prepared to suggest a list of guidelines for all corps to follow in matters such as these.

They are:

1. Members joining the corps after the March/February/January/December camp may not be soloists. This is an abomination.
  2. Corps concerned that current members might not be sufficiently prepared or talented to handle their programming requirements are mistaken or misguided. Having made the corps is prima facie qualification for all things properly drum corps. Thinking otherwise is an abomination.
  3. Transparency has no place in drum corps. It is an abomination to think honest disclosure of your intentions and motives is a good thing. It is not.
  4. Money in drum corps is an abomination.

Now that we know, I propose we enact these and codify them as The World-Wide Bill of Inalienable Rights for the Noble Performers in Brass, Percussion, Saber, Rifle and Flag as Part of Drum & Bugle Corps. Of course, as this name is cumbersome, these rights will be known by the more convenient moniker: Criticizing Cadets Clauses.

Mark time march?

HH

Edited by glory
  • Like 3

Now that we know, I propose we enact these and codify them as “The World-Wide Bill of Inalienable Rights for the Noble Performers in Brass, Percussion, Saber, Rifle and Flag as Part of Drum & Bugle Corps.” Of course, as this name is cumbersome, these rights will be known by the more convenient moniker: George Hopkins.

Fixed it! :tongue:

• Like 2

yeah cause they all came back on the field and bowed

:rolleyes:

• Like 1

Don't know if this has already been said, but maybe they're just doing it because they're looking for a great soloist, and already have a hole. I'm sure they're not kicking someone off. Maybe the original soloist had to leave too, and the solo was something only he could play well on the line at that time. Who knows. I'm not criticizing the Cadets though.