Cadets Offer $1500. in tour credits for mellophone soloist

or they could just not spend the $50/week and then when the whole thing is due, they have the same amount of money as if they were paying all along.

LOL--that would be true, if the typical teenager/college student had the financial self-discipline to not spend the $$ on other things like downloads, iphones, or video games....I think the point of the budget plan is simply to make it easier for the corps members to allocate their funds throughout the entire year, and it is just an option, after all.

• Like 1

LOL--that would be true, if the typical teenager/college student had the financial self-discipline to not spend the $$ on other things like downloads, iphones, or video games....I think the point of the budget plan is simply to make it easier for the corps members to allocate their funds throughout the entire year, and it is just an option, after all.

haha I hear ya. I didn't use an emoticon in my post; hope I didn't come off as mean. :smile:

we, as a country, definitely have terrible personal finance skills/habits. It is a good deal that they can start paying early, if they are the type to blow through any cash they have sitting around.

If this is the Solo It would be So cool! They start by singing the corps song, them transition into this jazzy chart! thumbup.gif

The solo has been

to the interwebz!

Edited by boxingfred

Boston's fee is $2450 for 2012, with discounts available both for early prepay and returning vets. Also, and I really like this one, BAC offers kids the chance to simply pay $200 a month for 12 months beginning in September..(and yes, the member does get a prorated refund if he or she gets cut along the way). This $200 a month ends up being less than $50 a week, which is much more manageable for many members. I think there is also a camp fee of $85 for each of the winter camps.

Their website does mention a $75/camp fee. There is an $80 application fee (less for vets), a $100 California move-in fee and an equipment fee not to exceed $100.

It does add up!

Sir I think that you are forgetting that it wasn't the kids decision to add the voices to the '07 show. With all due respect, I'd take you for one of those fans who only payed attention to the voices and ignored the phenomenal marching and playing going on underneath.

But they were the ones being booed, which was Glory's point about the irony in this thread.

Personally, I loved the 07 Cadet's show, start to finish, voices and everything else.

First time I have heard that from someone before fingerprinting... or stealing my wallet.

that's childs play for John

:ph34r:

:devil:

But they were the ones being booed, which was Glory's point about the irony in this thread.

Personally, I loved the 07 Cadet's show, start to finish, voices and everything else.

actually in 07, 95% of the booing was aimed at one person

When did drum corps become the third-grade little league where everyone gets a turn at pitcher? It certainly wasn't that way back in the day. I remember one Blue Devils solo screamer a couple of decades back. BD had plucked him out of the Freelancer line. He was unapologetic about changing uniforms. They're paying my way, he said. I don't know whether any BD sops were offended by his presence. Either way, I'd bet they were impressed with his playing. We all were.

How many great solos would have been just mediocre had all those corps just settled for who showed up? The irony here (there's always irony in Cadets' threads) is now we're sensitive to feelings of Cadet kids.

The irony here is that while you applaud the Blue Devils, you fail to even mention that the Freelancers had designed their 1993 show with even more great solos to showcase this talented player.