Cadets Offer $1500. in tour credits for mellophone soloist

If costs were the same in my era (relative to inflation) there is no way I 'd have been able to afford it either.

Personally, I don't find the costs of summer-long drum corps high as compared to other high end summer music activities, such as Interlochen. Their 6-week summer HS orchestra and wind ensemble camp runs $7,585, from 6/23-8/6. The full New England Music camp runs $7,450 running from 6/24-8/13.

But which one shows better on a resume?

• Like 1

I'm really shocked, SHOCKED!, that this thread is still alive.

:blink:

LOL! I was thinking the same thing, only more so! I can't believe that many people have an opinion on a subject which will not impact their lives one iota! It's not like any of them are losing money because the Cadets are offering a scholarship! Sheesh. :doh:

+++

I just noticed your sign-on name for this discussion board. Did you know that Garfield was a famous name? We used to have a president named Garfield.

Or are you just a fan of the cartoon cat?

I just love how we aren't allowed to have opinions. And debating is just not allowed on DCP.

This is a discussion forum... is it not???

That's what is more ridiculous than the thread.

Edited by kickhaltsforlife

Already a member of the hornline? Or someone on the outside.

Hope it all works out for ya.

LOL! I was thinking the same thing, only more so! I can't believe that many people have an opinion on a subject which will not impact their lives one iota! It's not like any of them are losing money because the Cadets are offering a scholarship! Sheesh. :doh:

+++

I just noticed your sign-on name for this discussion board. Did you know that Garfield was a famous name? We used to have a president named Garfield.

Or are you just a fan of the cartoon cat?

Garfield became famous to me in 1983 but few people outside of my circle knew of the Z-Pull. Soon, I started getting questions about the cat (I don't like cats); for a while I referred to the president, but our education system is so bad that few people knew we had a leader with the name. I love old movies on TCM so a few years ago I started using the actor's pic in my profile.

I come from the generation where we had civics class in school so, yes, I'm familiar with how "famous" the name Garfield is, and yes I picked it because of the corps (the pic is the actor, not me). I still hate cats.

Its amusing to see the volume of folks poo-pooing this thread's existance and expressing surprise at it's continuation, hence contributing to the continuation. If you think a thread should die, do your part.

I just love how we aren't allowed to have opinions. And debating is just not allowed on DCP.

This is a discussion forum... is it not???

That's what is more ridiculous than the thread.

Who said debating is not allowed on DCP? The main point here is the fact that this lengthy debate has taken place over a non-issue. The Cadets have done nothing wrong here. If you are going to debate something, pick a real issue. This is nothing more than a veiled excuse to bash Hopkins.

• Like 1