2012 Predictions

Its early, some corps are not full yet, its only speculation, blah blah blah. Here it is anyway.

OPEN:

1. Minnesota Brass - Build off of a championship year.

2. Buccaneers - Staff changes. Should not hurt them but we will see.

3. Cadets2 - Giving them this spot based on the organization, they will not put out a bad show.

4. Empire Statesmen - Entertaining as always, not quite there competitively.

5. Kidsgrove Scouts - Good corps, they will do well.

6. Hurricanes - Something needs to change.

7. Caballeros - Something needs to change.

8. Renegades - They will be better but there are more corps ahead of them this year.

9. CorpsVets - Just where they fall.

10. Fusion Core - Same as Renegades.

-----------------------------------------------------------

11. Tampa Bay Thunder

12. Kilties

13. Bushwackers

CLASS A:

1. Carolina Gold - They have been close, could be their year.

2. Govenaires - If not first.

3. Windsor Regiment - Only other top Class A from last year.

4. Sun Devils - If they come back as strong as they were in 2010

*didnt do other corps as I am not sure who all is coming back/leaving in class A.

This is all just guess work based off of updates, history, what I would like to see happen, etc. If your corps isnt where you think it should be on my list, prove me wrong. Some corps simply fall in placement due to the fact that there is the addition of Scouts and C2, any other year they could be higher.

Edited by skeptic

Its early, some corps are not full yet, its only speculation, blah blah blah. Here it is anyway.

OPEN:

3. Cadets2 - Giving them this spot based on the organization, they will not put out a bad show.

8. Renegades - They will be better but there are more corps ahead of them this year.

11. Tampa Bay Thunder

12. Kilties

13. Bushwackers

CLASS A:

*didnt do other corps as I am not sure who all is coming back/leaving in class A.

This is all just guess work based off of updates, history, what I would like to see happen, etc. If your corps isnt where you think it should be on my list, prove me wrong. Some corps simply fall in placement due to the fact that there is the addition of Scouts and C2, any other year they could be higher.

I disagree with two of your top 5 placements. Both Kidsgrove and Cadets2 have not shown anything worthy of Top 5. Heck- Cadets2 hasn't shown anything...

Last time Kidsgrove competed they were solidly out of the Top 5 by a few points.

Just my opinion of course.

"something needs change". What makes you think things haven't changed for those corps. Maybe they have committed to moving up and putting in the effort to do so. You think Hurcs and Cabs have been enjoying the same predictable outcome these last few years?

My prediction; DCA will be heavily competitive this year and corps that have had some off years will be back in full force.

Edited by irishbugle
  • Like 1

I disagree with two of your top 5 placements. Both Kidsgrove and Cadets2 have not shown anything worthy of Top 5. Heck- Cadets2 hasn't shown anything...

Last time Kidsgrove competed they were solidly out of the Top 5 by a few points.

Just my opinion of course.

"something needs change". What makes you think things haven't changed for those corps. Maybe they have committed to moving up and putting in the effort to do so. You think Hurcs and Cabs have been enjoying the same predictable outcome these last few years?

My prediction; DCA will be heavily competitive this year and corps that have had some off years will be back in full force.

Well as far as Kidsgrove is concerned, they now know what DCA is looking for and if they want to be more successful over here, Im sure they have made the correct changes. As for Cadets2... YEA/Cadets is a top notch organization. I feel they are going to work their butts off to make it a success. As for Hurcs and Cabs... 4 straight years of the same placement, if they really wanted change I think it would have come sooner than this. I put them there because it is just SPECULATION at this point. I hope they prove me wrong!

Edited by skeptic

Only because of the score they got the week before. That was just so WRONG!

I think Kidsgrove should have been 5th and possibly 4th.

The judges have a score to go by now. That should help them from getting slotted so low going in. It will be a uphill battle for sure but I suspect their prelims score will be closer to 5th or 6th rather than 9th or 10th.

I am with you on the blah blah blah.

Its certainly going to be interesting to see what the Buccs can do with the staff shake up. My thoughts are they are going to slip a spot or two but we will see.

Cadets will solidly be in the top 5 but where?

Ditto on KidsGrove.

There are some corps that have been accustomed to being a top 5 corps. Thats gonna change.

OPEN:

11. Tampa Bay Thunder

12. Kilties

13. Bushwackers

CLASS A:

Edited by MikeD
Fixed the quote

Well as far as Kidsgrove is concerned, they now know what DCA is looking for and if they want to be more successful over here, Im sure they have made the correct changes. As for Cadets2... YEA/Cadets is a top notch organization. I feel they are going to work their butts off to make it a success. As for Hurcs and Cabs... 4 straight years of the same placement, if they really wanted change I think it would have come sooner than this. I put them there because it is just SPECULATION at this point. I hope they prove me wrong!

not a fan of Hop..YEA....BUT...just viewing Cadets video from a camp you can see the Cadet influence as well as focus and intensity....same as Cadets.....I would think this is going to make a big difference going up against many groups...jmo

predictions:

Frans shirts will cause the Navy to go on high alert

Annapolis is going to get one look at thecollective us that weekend and wonder what the hell they got into accepting the bid :tongue:

Someone, somewhere will complain about a score, a person, a judge, or anything else that will cause drama

If Star United wins again, someone will complain because they don't do shows like everyone else, boring, junior etc.

Some corps out there will do a show thats DCI oriented and people will complain

Frans shirts will so scare the Navy, the other branches of the service will be called in.

My then 2 month old daughter will not attend finals. For your safety, not hers

Someone somewhere will complain abotu something about Annapolis.

I mean really, it's DCA weekend...there has to be a complaint about something

Cabs Alumni will blow the stands down at the alumni show.

Speaking of the alumni show...someone will complain because some corps wasn't invited.

oh....and whoever scores highest in each class wins

• Like 5

I predict that the weather most likely will be warmer in Annapolis than it was most years in Rochester. :thumbup:

Only because of the score they got the week before. That was just so WRONG!

I think Kidsgrove should have been 5th and possibly 4th.

While I thought they had a very nice drum corps,...................I do not agree,........the corps that did, definitely beat them,.......

Edited by Gary Matczak

The judges have a score to go by now. That should help them from getting slotted so low going in. It will be a uphill battle for sure but I suspect their prelims score will be closer to 5th or 6th rather than 9th or 10th.

If the judges use a score given to Kidsgrove a few years ago as a reference, I'm giving up on DCA after this season.

• Like 1