2012 Predictions

I think Cabs will be substantially better this year than they have been. Having hear the brass line and the book, and knowing a little about what they have planned, they should be a very pleasant surprise. I'd certainly have them in the second tier, along with Statesmen and C2, ahead of Hurcs (but behind MBI and Reading). They could be on the verge of the top tier, if they get all of their ducks in a row by Wildwood.

It would certainly be a refreshing change. If what you say is true, do you think it's because C2 stirred them up? Or perhaps people counting them out?

It would certainly be a refreshing change. If what you say is true, do you think it's because C2 stirred them up? Or perhaps people counting them out?

I think C2 had little to do with it. I honestly believe that after a several years of being very average, they finally have all of the important pieces in place. A quality administration, excellent designers, a solid program, great teaching staff and a committed membership. If even one of those things was lacking even a little, I'd write them off from competing with MBI/Bucs (much like I have the last several years, much to the chagrin of Cabs fans here on DCP). The most important factor, the one that made a huge impact when I saw them, was the committed membership.

Cabs, for 2012, have a solid program in all areas, and I think it's going to make an immediate impact starting at Wildwood. Will they finally be competitive with Reading all season? I hope so.

Edited by Kamarag
  • Like 1

I think C2 had little to do with it. I honestly believe that after a several years of being very average, they finally have all of the important pieces in place. A quality administration, excellent designers, a solid program, great teaching staff and a committed membership. If even one of those things was lacking even a little, I'd write them off from competing with MBI/Bucs (much like I have the last several years, much to the chagrin of Cabs fans here on DCP). The most important factor, the one that made a huge impact when I saw them, was the committed membership.

Cabs, for 2012, have a solid program in all areas, and I think it's going to make an immediate impact starting at Wildwood. Will they finally be competitive with Reading all season? I hope so.

HMMM time will tell soon.....in the past just the thinking of the dedicated and stubborn but misguided admin. merely because of such inbedded ties had great intentions did not help,but we'll see..We may disagree here BUT I do agree would love to see this great drum corps be top Dog again...Its hard to NOT think of them in the top grouping.

I also think Tampa Bay Thunder will surprise a lot of folks for the second year in a row. I suspect they will come to Annapolis much cleaner than they were last year. They have the design and talent, so once they figure out how to clean on a DCA schedule, they will move up quickly.

Them and Fusion are the next Alliance.

HMMM time will tell soon.....in the past just the thinking of the dedicated and stubborn but misguided admin. merely because of such inbedded ties had great intentions did not help,but we'll see..We may disagree here BUT I do agree would love to see this great drum corps be top Dog again...Its hard to NOT think of them in the top grouping.

I know their not exactly a corps known for change but their last few seasons they have been doing more modern shows with new music. It seems like, from what I've heard about their show this year, it is more akin to what they did with Carmen a few years ago, which was very successful.

I guess we'll find out in Wildwood.

Edited by irishbugle

I hope not. Alliance is riding the pine this year.

Well obviously not that part of it. I meant making a push through the ranks.

All good points, John.

Plus the Cabs do have a history of rebounding pretty well from "down" years (of course, there are any number of corps who would kill to have a "down year" that puts them in 5th place, like the Cabs recently!).

The corps' 2002-2003 seasons are a good example of this. Rough year in '02, champs in '03.

I think Cabs will be substantially better this year than they have been. Having hear the brass line and the book, and knowing a little about what they have planned, they should be a very pleasant surprise. I'd certainly have them in the second tier, along with Statesmen and C2, ahead of Hurcs (but behind MBI and Reading). They could be on the verge of the top tier, if they get all of their ducks in a row by Wildwood.

I also think Tampa Bay Thunder will surprise a lot of folks for the second year in a row. I suspect they will come to Annapolis much cleaner than they were last year. They have the design and talent, so once they figure out how to clean on a DCA schedule, they will move up quickly.

All I can say to this is, Thank you John.....for believing in us!!! :thumbup:

I wish you would have stuck around.....we still have that Tuba spot!!!

This. People can count on Thunder being light years better this season in comparison to last season. Actually theres already no comparison to last season. Just expect a major step up. winky.gif

• Like 1