Cavaliers 2012

Listen to In the Hall of the Mountain King from the movie Social Network arranged by trent reznor and atticus ross and tell me it doesnt sound like something the Cavies would use as a closer. I can see the men in green doing fast paced drill now...

That's an interesting arrangement. Gosh, I have to be more aware of movie music these days. I totally forgot about that movie.

Maybe they sourced from Apocalyptica version of Hall of the mountain king... tongue.gif

Lots of other corps, ( Madison, Phantom, Blue Stars, 27th, The Cadets) including the Cavaliers, have played this one before... It works!

• Like 1

not to be a downer, but please at least get all the copyrights, especially with gaga

Surf did it first!!!! thumbup.gif

Now that that's out of the way... We didn't have a copyright problem last year as far as I know, so it hopefully shouldn't be a problem for the Cavies.

But can I say... I am PUMPED to see this show!

Cavies last played Don Juan by Richard Strauss in 1984.

For those with FN access, you could check that out if you're curious... I'm not sure if that show is on youtube...

Oh and I guess this means that their not going to play Variations on a Korean Folk Song this year...

(There was a post this past winter where we were supposed to guess what piece they were re-doing that they had done before. I was hoping for Variations)

Edited by jjeffeory

Yeah Surf didn't have a problem with Gaga last year.

They probably waited to annonce until they had all the copyrights.

Surf did it first!!!! thumbup.gif

Now that that's out of the way... We didn't have a copyright problem last year as far as I know, so it hopefully shouldn't be a problem for the Cavies.

id still feel better if they just tweeted "oh, and we have the copyrights" or somethin lol

id still feel better if they just tweeted "oh, and we have the copyrights" or somethin lol

I suspect the powers that be in DCI have had a quiet word with all the corps about having the appropriate legal paperwork in place before announcing.

As amazing as ESoM was nobody least of all DCI wanted any more blank screens on the DVDs/BluRays.

Good music choice, should be a very very entertaining show!

Being a Phan the 1st thing I wondered was will they have flutter tonguing in "In the Hall of the Mountain King"... I suspect not!!!

Reminds me a bit of Rhythm X's "red carpet" show in WGI. To me, that's not a bad thing AT ALL, I loved that show! I'm sure Cavaliers will put a very original twist to it and it will be unrecognizable compared to the WGI show.

I was thinking the same thing. I wonder if they'll show up to finals like this, too?

• Like 1