Cavaliers 2012

Am I just naive, or is this similar to Crown last year? It just seems like it from the songs and the name...

You're just naive... Let's see how they arrange the show first.

I mean, yes, both shows probably involve marching, spinning, dancing, drumming, synthing, et cetera...

I don't see any rock or Rach music listed in the Cavies show... There's a piece of music from Fame in Cavalier's show....

There's a piece of music that Cavies played in the 80s in their show.

I guess if you want to be negative you could say that the idea is derivative, but we really can say that of most of the shows...

Eh, sounds like you don't like The Cavaliers to me... rolleyes.gif

• Like 3

Second Facebook post:

‎2012 Musical Resources will include:

Don Giovanni by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Vesti la Giubba by Ruggero Leoncavallo

It's going to be pretty hard to top Phantom's 1991 version.

You're just naive... Let's see how they arrange the show first.

I mean, yes, both shows probably involve marching, spinning, dancing, drumming, synthing, et cetera...

I don't see any rock or Rach music listed in the Cavies show... There's a piece of music from Fame in Cavalier's show....

There's a piece of music that Cavies played in the 80s in their show.

I guess if you want to be negative you could say that the idea is derivative, but we really can say that of most of the shows...

Eh, sounds like you don't like The Cavaliers to me... rolleyes.gif

I am perfectly fine with Cavaliers. We have an instructor marching this year. Loved 2011, 2010, Bond, machine, etc. It just seemed kinda like it to me Hahahaha

• Like 1

Oh and I guess this means that their not going to play Variations on a Korean Folk Song this year...

(There was a post this past winter where we were supposed to guess what piece they were re-doing that they had done before. I was hoping for Variations)

yeah.... not sure variations would go well with this theme XD

--------------------

This is a very good music selection, they're going to rock Mountain King. I can feel it already! :worthy:

I am perfectly fine with Cavaliers. We have an instructor marching this year. Loved 2011, 2010, Bond, machine, etc. It just seemed kinda like it to me Hahahaha

Ah okay. thumbup.gif

Seemed to me that Cavies were also borrowing a little bit of style from BD too. In all corps defense, I will say that everyone "borrows" from everyone if it works with the judges.

...and if Cavies are "borrowing" how they present their themes, it will be done in a Cavalier flair.

yeah.... not sure variations would go well with this theme XD

--------------------

This is a very good music selection, they're going to rock Mountain King. I can feel it already! :worthy:

I've heard several versions of that piece of music. It amazes me how one version a piece of music sounds good, but another version might now.

So, I'm gonna trust that their version will be good.

• Like 1

It cracks me up that anyone would question whether the Cavaliers will field a great show this year. When was the last time they had a bad show? I've only been around corps since around 2004 but I can't remember them ever not being in the hunt for the gold.

• Like 2

It cracks me up that anyone would question whether the Cavaliers will field a great show this year. When was the last time they had a bad show? I've only been around corps since around 2004 but I can't remember them ever not being in the hunt for the gold.

:thumbup:

agreed (although even as a fan of The Cavaliers I am not that fond of the 09 show, but I will admit there were some good points in it), if you look at the history of the corps they got 5th in 85 and really since then (excluding 97) they have been in the top 5. It should be an interesting show.

If the cavaliers have proven anything with their announcement and the last couple of years is that we are in a new era brought forth by the staff and DeGrauwe. And in this new era they are defining that "we are bringing our roots with us," don't be surprised if they start paying tribute to all the decades of Cavies. Tradition and excellence are all to follow in the next five years, and if I were to put my fan cap on, I would be settling in for a great ride, gold medals or not.

Call me crazy, or just yourself a cavies hater, I see the green with gold at least once in the next 3 years.

Edited by littlejaw
  • Like 1

If the cavaliers have proven anything with their announcement and the last couple of years is that we are in a new era brought forth by the staff and DeGrauwe. And in this new era they are defining that "we are bringing our roots with us," don't be surprised if they start paying tribute to all the decades of Cavies. Tradition and excellence are all to follow in the next five years, and if I were to put my fan cap on, I would be settling in for a great ride, gold medals or not.

Call me crazy, or just yourself a cavies hater, I see the green with gold at least once in the next 3 years.

Honestly, I didn't think about that and it makes sense. As said earlier in this thread The Cavaliers played Hall of the Mountain King in 1968, Don Juan in 1984, Daugherty music in 2000 and so on... kind of seems like The Cavaliers are playing music that they have done or composers they have done will with (Daugherty music from 2000) and adding something new to add on to the tradition of The Cavaliers.