Body/Dance movement

Body Movement  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Who makes the best use of body movement?

• The Cadets
    • The Blue Devils
    • The Cavaliers
    • Carolina Crown
    • Phantom Regiment
    • Santa Clara Vanguard
    • Bluecoats
    • Boston Crusaders
    • Blue Knights
    • Madison Scouts
    • Blue Stars
    • Spirit Of Atlanta

Yeah, I've performed and taught complex dance rep. Marching at anything about 180 bpm while playing some crazy stuff is leagues harder. Your core should be engaged while marching anyway, same muscle groups. To say "gracefully standing up" [because lets be honest, true ballet in drum corps is going to be almost impossible to achieve] while playing a softer passage is harder just seems asinine to me.

OK. You march 180+ in your ballad. That ROCKS dude.cool.gif

Like I said --everyone has their own definition of what "complex dance rep" is. Obviously your definition is somewhat "different" from others. Everyone's opinion is filtered through their own experience.

Edited by corpsband
  • Like 1

OK. You march 180+ in your ballad. That RACHS dude.cool.gif

Like I said --everyone has their own definition of what "complex dance rep" is. Obviously your definition is somewhat "different" from others. Everyone's opinion is filtered through their own experience.

Fixed it for you..

Wow, gone for a few days and my thread has gone through the roof. Cool! :smile: I'll be honest, I was hesitant about it and not sure it would make it's way off the ground. Glad people are enjoying it. Looks like some good discussions too.

Edited by stevedb1975

This is how I see it as well which is why early on in this thread I posted that there is no "right or wrong" answer in this. "Opinions filtered through their own experience". I could not agree more.

I feel like if Cavaliers did movement like Crown... it would be a little ridiculous looking. Because theyre all guys, and Crown takes a very cute route with their visual programs

"Cute"?? I'm not sure I would describe crown's movements as cute but they're certainly not the same style as the cavaliers

• Like 1

"Cute"?? I'm not sure I would describe crown's movements as cute but they're certainly not the same style as the cavaliers

I would, but not "cute" with a negative connotation.

Cute like: If Im at a show with my wife who was in band in high school and we watch the corps perform, her reaction to Crown would be (was) "Theyre so cute! dancing around and whatnot."

I believe that in drum corps, dances should be made for the visual effect that comes from parallel and contrast motion throughout the group dancing. Theyre in band uniforms on a football field. Not very much detail in those intricate dances are seen, rather, we see the big picture. and they look cute.

Once again. Cute does not mean bad.

Edited by TheClutch

In recent year Crown's "Puck" section in 2010 takes the cake, and probably is the most memorable. Real intricate artistic movement, and they're not just doing push ups or jumping over somebody.

Oh you mean like the Cavaliers do.... rolleyes.gif

Welcome to DCP....

Edited by jjeffeory