corpsband

Carolina Crown 2012

1,226 posts in this topic

Just curious....does the music they are playing remind you of any of Crown's previous shows....or is it something completely different? I am just hoping its not dark and harsh.....

It doesn't remind me of anything they've played before -- entirely new piece (and composer) for Crown (and DCI for that matter), I'd characterize it as intense.

1 person likes this

Doesn't look like they've announced any music yet; just a poster with a mask, wallpaper, and some eyes ( which is probably the theme of the show)... Obviously the poster hasn't been UNMASQUED yet... What are you talking about and where have you been? devil.gif

543216_10151516503815710_809338352_n.jpg

Hi Yo Silver, away!

Edited by Ghost

Crown is doing something revolving around a super hero. The show builds to Copland's Third and eventually blasts us with "Fanfare For the Common Man."

1 person likes this

Crown is doing something revolving around a super hero. The show builds to Copland's Third and eventually blasts us with "Fanfare For the Common Man."

Gah!! I hope not or else this would be another show that I came up with but haven't had the chance to have my band do it yet but now I have to wait even longer cuz a corps just did my show!! Same music and a hero show. Mine was gonna be called the heart of a hero. Has that ever happened to anyone else?

I know an ordinary guy, that built kaleidoscopes, who made a big fanfare about how dreamy the brass book is.

Joe Walsh, Sara Bareilles, Keith Emerson and Antanas Bossanova? :tongue:

This sounds nothing like what I have heard of the theme. o.O

3 people like this

This sounds nothing like what I have heard of the theme. o.O

Then you heard wrong. This is what I've heard as well from a few people marching there.

1 person likes this

Then you heard wrong. This is what I've heard as well from a few people marching there.

I have only heard dreams from a few and then when I asked for a teaser a few months back on Facebook they said something to the effect of "You can't even DREAM of it." Has it changed?

2 people like this

As a member of this corps and marching this show, it will be announced soon :)

3 people like this

all I can say about the show is "WWWWWOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW". I'm looking forward to seeing this as it grows over the course of the summer.

1 person likes this