Carolina Crown 2012

hmmm Hannum has written Coplands Third before too....very tasty book then

• Like 1

Thom's writing is so cool. I stand next to the tenors in our victory arcs mostly, and they love it as well.

Him and Klesch are a hell of a team

• Like 1

Normally I'd agree... But I think this show is definitely designed to be a drum corps show.

The best way I can say it...

When the 2011 program was told to us members, I was considering going to another corps because I thought the show was going to be a hokey high school show. I stayed because I love Crown and it ended up being an amazing summer.

When Jim Coates told us about this year's program? And when I listened to the pieces Michael Klesch rearranged for the show? This is going to be a drum corps show, and it's going to be amazing. It's going to be able to connect to a crowd too. I got chills just playing some of this stuff, I can't imagine how people will react when they see it live.

I think that is exactly what they need – in another thread about Crown’s design, a lot of folks were 'they need better design, their design is superficial and paper thin'. My thought was they need a straight forward Drum Corps show packed with drum corps GE that they can detail later. Often, I think Crown avoids going for the obvious gut punch because they are too self-conscious and trying to be clever. IMO, 2007 was their most successful show because it was their most straight forward show. Take the company front, hit that long musical phrase, feature the guard up front doing a big toss

so in that respect, cool, bring it

Edited by cowtown
  • Like 1

I thought the music was an "entirely new piece (and composer) for Crown (and DCI for that matter)"

• Like 1

Obviously referring to Dreams by Bertrand Moren. A lot of the show is drawn from that work.

I like the Dreams - Mvt 3 a lot. Could I actually be looking forward to Crown's show this year? :devil:

Edited by SFZFAN
  • Like 1