Not too shabby

Sure it would. At the time that video was posted I don't think they sounded any better than any of the other Top 5 DCA hornlines at that same time. Not even 1% better.

It's really a moot point, we will know exactly where they stand after Saturday.

Right, but 70% would not have included the top 5 horn lines if we are talking about all DCA corps. Perhaps I misunderstood the original point of that post.

Cadets2, based on this early season performance would seem to be a no brainer top five by season's end. And with a full, integrated guard and some competitive seasoning, could very well be considerably better than that. Gonna be the most interesting season in a number of years for sure!

Cadets2, based on this early season performance would seem to be a no brainer top five by season's end. And with a full, integrated guard and some competitive seasoning, could very well be considerably better than that. Gonna be the most interesting season in a number of years for sure!

seems from what Ive seen they have all the elements EXCEPT GUARD...they have a long way to go to even be competitve with lets say Hurcs or Bucs Guard........very dirty and placement didnt seem very good. Im sure that will change

seems from what Ive seen they have all the elements EXCEPT GUARD...they have a long way to go to even be competitve with lets say Hurcs or Bucs Guard........very dirty and placement didnt seem very good. Im sure that will change

It's not really a surprise though. The guard is far and away the hardest element for a first year corps to put on the field. Even in an area like ours that is so popular for guards, it's quite the challenge to get everyone on the same page as far as technique goes. Adding the elements of design and the fact that most of them are indeed high schoolers...

It's not really a surprise though. The guard is far and away the hardest element for a first year corps to put on the field. Even in an area like ours that is so popular for guards, it's quite the challenge to get everyone on the same page as far as technique goes. Adding the elements of design and the fact that most of them are indeed high schoolers...

true..although alot of hurcs guard in the past few years also have been HS kids BUT were together in other programs or taught by the same people.....I think C2 has to just worry about being together before anything

But you are right, no hiding thats for sure....lol

Edited by GUARDLING

Just saw their debut exhibition. They really are quite impressive for a first-year corps. However, one must remember that they have Hoppy and YEA behind them, too, so they don't have to worry too much about money issues (comparatively speaking, of course; every corps worries about money). I know exactly what's going to happen with the holes, too. The DCI season will end, and C2 will plug all of their holes with Cadets fresh from tour, give them a couple weeks to learn the show, and BAM, you have your top 3-5 corps. Do they still have an age limit like they did earlier this year? It's just that something about being able to "age-out" of a DCA corps doesn't sit well with my stomach. I think that, if you're going to compete in DCA, you should be a true all-age corps.

Don't get me wrong- I have a world of respect for ANY corps and the hard work their members and staff put into it. C2 will be good this year... VERY good... but they also have no reason to NOT be good.

Edited by jrmscreamer

Just saw their debut exhibition. They really are quite impressive for a first-year corps. However, one must remember that they have Hoppy and YEA behind them, too, so they don't have to worry too much about money issues (comparatively speaking, of course; every corps worries about money). I know exactly what's going to happen with the holes, too. The DCI season will end, and C2 will plug all of their holes with Cadets fresh from tour, give them a couple weeks to learn the show, and BAM, you have your top 3-5 corps. ...

If they know who will be filling in holes...they may have the music already, so the only thing to have to learn from scratch is the drill.

Wasn't there something in the DCA rules in the '80's-90's about the number of members of a corps at the beginning of August vs. the number of members at finals? And it was percentage based? And wasn't it put there to guard against the very thing people are assuming about the Cadets2?

Is that rule still on the books?

Edited by Ron H

Wasn't there something in the DCA rules in the '80's-90's about the number of members of a corps at the beginning of August vs. the number of members at finals? And it was percentage based? And wasn't it put there to guard against the very thing people are assuming about the Cadets2?

Is that rule still on the books?

Nope. And if there was, it would be monumentally stupid. Other corps in DCA have taken advantage of returning DCI members, sometimes in great numbers. I seem to recall one year when Statesmen magically conjured a pit out of thin air the week after DCI ended.

There was a rule...not any more.