Not too shabby

I think there was also a rumor of corps padding their membership when it came to the Hurricanes...I remember rumors of members of 27th's (amazing) guard filling in holes at the end of the year.

Never got any basis of proof, but it was an interesting rumor.

i cant remember the exact year but I do remember the guard increasing by at least 12 a few weeks before the end of the season..not condemming them as we've said others also did it

Honestly, who cares? If Cadets2, or anyone else, wants to add a bunch of returning DCI kids for the last couple of weeks of the season, MORE POWER TO THEM. Heck, I'd argue it's a great idea. People on DCP talk about marketing and recruiting the DCI crowd. What better way to do it?

Of course, it doesn't come without risk, holding holes open or altering design later on, but if you can pull it off, you darned well better be rewarded.

i cant remember the exact year but I do remember the guard increasing by at least 12 a few weeks before the end of the season..not condemming them as we've said others also did it

I WANT to say it was 1981? Their show got exponentially better the last few weeks before finals, and the guard looked to be the difference. But this far out, no harm no foul..the outcome of the corps I was marching in wasn't drastically changed by this, and 30 years on...whatever!

Honestly, who cares? If Cadets2, or anyone else, wants to add a bunch of returning DCI kids for the last couple of weeks of the season, MORE POWER TO THEM. Heck, I'd argue it's a great idea. People on DCP talk about marketing and recruiting the DCI crowd. What better way to do it?

Of course, it doesn't come without risk, holding holes open or altering design later on, but if you can pull it off, you darned well better be rewarded.

It happens every year...In some cases staff comes on to assist, as well as a few players...it can work as an advantage or a liability.

I'm not saying it's wrong to add DCI members; I know several that do it. I'm just saying it's going to be that much easier for them to do with having the Cadets literally in their backyard. Is G.H. the director of C2, also?

Does anyone know if they still have an age limit? That's still just a bit much for me to stomach...

I'm not saying it's wrong to add DCI members; I know several that do it. I'm just saying it's going to be that much easier for them to do with having the Cadets literally in their backyard. Is G.H. the director of C2, also?

Does anyone know if they still have an age limit? That's still just a bit much for me to stomach...

They do have an age limit. Their location will only make it easier for the few Cadets members that live in the area. It's not nearly as big a number as you think it is. And to be brutally honest, if your stomach is upset, take some meds. C2 has nothing to do with it.

• Like 1

Thanks Tom!! I cant beleive I couldnt remember that name!!!! :rolleyes:

Though we used to fill spots in August with DCI kids, It wasnt as "bad" as many thought it was. I do recall the rule stated that you could not increase the size of the corps more than 10% of the total membership of the 1st show??? Or something to that effect. We just worked within the guidelines of the rule and still won! Go figure.

Jay

ps we werent the only corps filling spots with DCI kids, just sayin......

lol

love it...

at one point the rule was to count heads the first show in August and you couldn't add more than 10% (by section) after that... if on Aug. 1st you had 48 horns, you couldn't march more than 52 at championship... 21 guard on 8/1 and you could add 2 for 23 at championships etc. you were told what your numbers could be and penalty for violating it was disqualification...

On numerous occasions, I was the one counting bodies as the corps came on the field... (Pain in the butt I might add)

and yes Jay, while everyone talked about Bush... because you were successful and often winning... I don't think that Bush was ever the worst offender... my personal opinion is that you picked up a "bad rep" due to fielding a June corps with small horn numbers and then filling the holes over the season... but I must say, most of the holes were filled BEFORE DCI Championships... since the fear seemed to be "loading up" with kids fresh off tour for the last 2 weeks - I don't think Bush was any more of a chronic offender of loading up with current DCI tour kids than any of the other corps...

Edited by TomPeashey

However they are not really in their back yard. People are forgetting that now members of DCI corps are populated with membership from all over the country. No longer a neighborhood activity. Logistically its not going to be nearly as easy as it was a few decades ago.

However they are not really in their back yard. People are forgetting that now members of DCI corps are populated with membership from all over the country. No longer a neighborhood activity. Logistically its not going to be nearly as easy as it was a few decades ago.

this can be true also the fact that its SEPT. besides burnout also young members have issue with the fact the season goes into Sept...move in at schools have passed by then with many or happen that weekend

this can be true also the fact that its SEPT. besides burnout also young members have issue with the fact the season goes into Sept...move in at schools have passed by then with many or happen that weekend

With so many young members in C2, I suppose there is even the potential of losing a few members for this very same reason, no? :unsure:

Just a thought.