2012 DCA Corps

I saw that there is a prediction thread out there already, but do we know yet which corps are actually coming? Can we get a roll call of sorts? By my recollection here is what we have so far (and please post corrections or updates, if you happen to know):

Open Class (in no particular order)

Minnesota Brass Inc.

Reading Buccaneers

Empire Statesmen

CT Hurricanes

Hawthorne Caballeros

SF Renegades

CorpsVets

Kilties

TB Thunder

Bushwackers

Alliance - Announced that they are not fielding a competitive corps this year.

Cadets2 - C2 confirmed their intentions to compete in DCA and passed evaluation for competition, though there had not been an official declaration (to my knowledge) of what class they will compete in. Open Class is just an assumption on my part.

Kidsgrove Scouts - Announced their intentions to compete at at least one regular season show and DCA Championships in Annapolis. Based on previous announcements, we have every reason to believe they will compete in Open Class again.

Fusion Core - Has made the announcement that they intend to compete in Open Class this year.

Class A (again, in no particular order)

Govenaires

Carolina Gold

Windsor Regiment

Sunrisers

White Sabers

Shenandoah Sound

Cincinnati Tradition

Excelsior

Sun Devils - Announced intentions of returning to the field in 2012. Assumption is Class A based on previous years.

SoCal Dream - Announced intentions of returning to the field in 2012. Assumption is Class A based on previous years.

Centurions - Recently announced that they would NOT be taking to the field this year, but will continue as a minicorps in 2012.

High Country Brass - Announced via their website that they will not be fielding a competitive corps this summer.

Is there anyone I'm missing? I've heard some rumors about one or two other corps making the switch between Class A and Open Class or vice versa. Just trying to keep track.

Edited by Sayre Kulp

I believe High Country Brass has announced they will not be fielding this season,.......

Correct. The announcement is on their website. I hope they come back strong in 2013!

I predict the lineup for DCA Prelims will be bigger than a breadbox, but smaller than the solar system.

That should narrow it down for ya. :tongue:

Kidsgrove Scouts - Announced their intentions to compete at at least one regular season show and DCA Championships in Annapolis. Based on previous announcements, we have every reason to believe they will compete in Open Class again.

Members have been told two regular season shows and DCA Championships in Annapolis - Open Class

I believe High Country Brass has announced they will not be fielding this season,.......

Bummer. The first article I ever wrote for DCW was about these guys. Here's hoping they return soon!

Members have been told two regular season shows and DCA Championships in Annapolis - Open Class

Very cool! Can't wait to have you guys back on this side of the pond later this summer. See you on the 50!

That is correct... If nothing changes, Kidsgrove will appear in Bridgeport, CT the Saturday before championships and then again on Sunday at Bushwacker's show in Pennsauken NJ

SoCal Dream - Announced intentions of returning to the field in 2012. Assumption is Class A based on previous years.

SoCal Dream never left ,we just didn't go to Champs in 2011... And Yes on Class A

Oh yeah, we'll be there...as the "home" team! Does that get us a free pass to Finals? :tongue:

I saw that there is a prediction thread out there already, but do we know yet which corps are actually coming? Can we get a roll call of sorts? By my recollection here is what we have so far (and please post corrections or updates, if you happen to know):

Open Class (in no particular order)

Minnesota Brass Inc.

Reading Buccaneers

Empire Statesmen

CT Hurricanes

Hawthorne Caballeros

SF Renegades

CorpsVets

Kilties

TB Thunder

Bushwackers

Alliance - Announced that they are not fielding a competitive corps this year.

Cadets2 - C2 confirmed their intentions to compete in DCA and passed evaluation for competition, though there had not been an official declaration (to my knowledge) of what class they will compete in. Open Class is just an assumption on my part.

Fusion Core - Has made the announcement that they intend to compete in Open Class this year.

Class A (again, in no particular order)

Govenaires

Carolina Gold

Windsor Regiment

Sunrisers

White Sabers

Shenandoah Sound

Cincinnati Tradition

Excelsior

Sun Devils - Announced intentions of returning to the field in 2012. Assumption is Class A based on previous years.

Centurions - Recently announced that they would NOT be taking to the field this year, but will continue as a minicorps in 2012.

High Country Brass - Announced via their website that they will not be fielding a competitive corps this summer.

Is there anyone I'm missing? I've heard some rumors about one or two other corps making the switch between Class A and Open Class or vice versa. Just trying to keep track.