2012 DCA Corps

Anybody who has been around these forums for more than a day knows what kind of trouble comes when you post assumptions as facts. Even if it IS a forgone conclusion, I'm not about to insist that I know something I don't. That's all.

well let's see,...........about 50 brass, 20 battery, 10 or so pit at the last camp, not to mention anything about guard, nothing to insist or assume there, if C2 goes class A, I will eat a bug............I do stand by my comment that you will be waiting a long time if you are expecting admins to answer your personal request for info,..............oh, and I have been around here for more than a day, almost since day 1.

well let's see,...........about 50 brass, 20 battery, 10 or so pit at the last camp, not to mention anything about guard, nothing to insist or assume there, if C2 goes class A, I will eat a bug............I do stand by my comment that you will be waiting a long time if you are expecting admins to answer your personal request for info,..............oh, and I have been around here for more than a day, almost since day 1.

Well, I haven't visited their camps, so I haven't been keeping track of their attendance. I've got camps of my own to worry about. I told you why I wrote what I did. I'm not waiting for the C2 administration to post anything here, I'm just not speaking for anyone else, either. I hope you can understand that.

• Like 2

Well, I haven't visited their camps, so I haven't been keeping track of their attendance. I've got camps of my own to worry about. I told you why I wrote what I did. I'm not waiting for the C2 administration to post anything here, I'm just not speaking for anyone else, either. I hope you can understand that.

me neither, but I don't think you visited High Country Brass either, but you accepted info from their website,............the info I referenced came from their website,.........what's the dif?

Gary,

I used to do the Around the All Age World column for DCW, and I rarely had an issue getting people to reply. Now they may not post info on DCP, but if you ask nicely, you can get info.

me neither, but I don't think you visited High Country Brass either, but you accepted info from their website,............the info I referenced came from their website,.........what's the dif?

HCB clearly posted their plan for the 2012 season. I'm pretty sure that when they say they are not competing this year, you can take their word for it. If they surprise us all by showing up at the Class A Championships Labor Day weekend, feel free to say, "I told you so."

Meanwhile, Cadets 2 have stated that they are fielding a drum corps to compete at DCA. They have not (at least not publicly) declared classification. They state on their website that they intend to field "128 young men and women from ages 16-25", but I'm fairly certain that EVERY corps with Open Class aspirations has similar intentions. And once again - you're probably 100% correct about C2 planning to go Open. But it is not MY place to publicly announce that.

I don't understand why you are so consumed by this.

• Like 4

I don't understand why you are so consumed by this.

not at all,.........you started the thread asking for info, I guess I didn't read it to mean you intended to have corps officials only reply to your request for info,.........sorry about that.

I replied second on the thread with info I had recently read on the HCB website,........Fran confirmed third on the thread,............everything seemed to be going along fine until you responded to santana,..........you replied to him, I replied to you, etc. etc.,.........that's kinda how it works around here,........again, I didn't realize you intended to have officials only, respond to your request. I would never speak for them, or anyone else for that matter, simply conversation.

In any case, I will say C2 has been more proactive than I have ever seen or expected with official press releases, camp videos, interviews, website updates, etc.,............real stuff from them,........no rumors, secrets, or total information blackouts.

They should be proud of all of their accomplishments on the development of their program to date, and I give them a lot of credit for getting info out to the drum corps public.

Personally, I am amazed at their progress, and I applaud them.

Edited by Gary Matczak

Gary,

I used to do the Around the All Age World column for DCW, and I rarely had an issue getting people to reply. Now they may not post info on DCP, but if you ask nicely, you can get info.

But, I didn't ask anyone for info, Sayre did,............I simply went to their websites,...................this internet thing is amazing,........thank you Al Gore! :w00t:

not at all,.........you started the thread asking for info, I guess I didn't read it to mean you intended to have corps officials only reply to your request for info,.........sorry about that.

I didn't expect to have corps officials be the only ones to respond. However I don't consider something a fact until it is confirmed to be such. That's all I'm trying to say here.

You responded saying that they look to be open class size in their videos. That's awesome. But with all due respect, my initial post simply said, (and I quote myself), "there had not been an official declaration (to my knowledge) of what class they will compete in. Open Class is just an assumption on my part." In other words, I'm not stupid. I can plainly see they appear to be an Open Class corps, however they had not made an official declaration. Period.

I'm pretty sure this expired filly has been sufficiently walloped. Is there any other news BESIDES what class C2 will be competing in?

• Like 3

But, I didn't ask anyone for info, Sayre did,............I simply went to their websites,...................this internet thing is amazing,........thank you Al Gore! :w00t:

BTW - I appreciated the info on HCB. Somehow I had missed that originally.

• 2 weeks later...