Jupiter Brass/Quality Control

I've played on Dynasty, Yamaha, and Jupiter Quantum in my marching career. The Yamahas might be lighter (I'm a tuba/contra player), but the Jupiters have a much more vibrant and dark sound. Couple that with the price and benefits the company gives you for playing them and there's no question that they're the right choice for drum corps.

My one complaint is the screw-on bell that falls off if you do any extreme movements with it, but, you know, whatever.

rolleyes.gif

You can give positive or negative opinions w/o attacking. You chose to attack which is why you are now getting all the red marks towards you.

And again, I was just giving you advice that you apparently aren't going to heed. You're on your own.

Oh, how could I have been so foolish? What have I done? There are going to be SO MANY RED MARKS for my DCP account. How will I carry on? My fake internet reputation I made yesterday that translates into nothing in the real world is ruined! RUINED!

• Like 2

Well, now we see what we're dealing with. Did Jupiter just cancel their account with your music store? Is that why all the hostility? And why do you remain anonymous? Oh... yeah then it really would come back to haunt you.

I'd really like to know what prompted you into making the account just to bash on Jupiter. Really, I do!

Edited by skajerk
  • Like 1

Play Jupiter and be more financially stable.

Don't play Jupiter and be less financially stable.

Not a difficult choice.

This....

These corps have other considerations other than "the art" they do... A sound infrastructure needs to be in place to ensure that the artistic people can be around to decide which horn is best for the type of sound that the corps wants. If the purchase of these horn allows them to be more fiscally secure, then we should use them.

• Like 1

Have you ever played a Jupiter Quantum trumpet? Have you? Ever? I'm saying that yes EVENTUALLY they will sound alright but not compared to Xenos or Kings with a lot less effort. That is pure fact, no matter what. And who in the hell do you know that marched Jupiter that liked it? Correction, in the high brass?

false cause?

I'm a percussionist, but I feel that I can add to this with relevant content.

The way you feel about Jupiter, I also felt about Dynasty drums for a long time. I didn't understand why anyone would play on an instrument that sounded inevitably worse than the other brands on the market.

I started teaching at a school that used Dynasty, and my hatred for them continued to grow. I hated the stupid tilters (which at the time only went forward), I hated the way the snare resonant head was mounted (causing me to tune it more frequently), I hated the stupid bass drum rims that were ridiculously fragile, I hated how the bolts in the tenor rails would just drop out randomly, I hated the dumb carrier design and above all else, I hated the stupid countertop finishes they put on their drums. After a lot of rage had built up inside of me, I did the unthinkable: I called Dynasty to let them know what I think.

The people on the other end of the line were awesome. They were super friendly and very open to hearing what I had to say. The let me know that they were R&Ding several solutions to many of the problems that I had and one of them they had already fixed!!

A few years down the road, we had an accident and insurance replaced some of our Dynasty gear with newer models - - they are WORLDS better. The T-max carrier is super comfy, the tilters and j-bars are gone, replaced with a sturdy "clip" mount, and the bolts in the tenor rails were much more secure. In addition, the shell quality has also improved with the new models being much more resonant (still less so than Pearl, but much better). To cap it all off, they now offer some neat lacquer finishes! Rumor has it that the new snare drum SCV has this summer will address the reso head issue.

Would Dynasty be my first pick if I was ordering new instruments for my school? No, but I wouldn't be very disappointed if that is what we got.

p.s. If anyone from Dynasty is reading this, you still need to fix your bass rims. :)

• Like 4

Well, now we see what we're dealing with. Did Jupiter just cancel their account with your music store? Is that why all the hostility? And why do you remain anonymous? Oh... yeah then it really would come back to haunt you.

I'd really like to know what prompted you into making the account just to bash on Jupiter. Really, I do!

Because I hate to see great ensembles have to deal with Jupiter when they could have alot more potential with other products. And my disposition comes from personal use and simply hearing what ensemble who are on and who are off Jupiter. There is a notable difference.

BUT I guess if the corps/ensemble cannot afford other brands/would benefit form having a Jupiter deal it seems that would be the best choice, it just sucks that the sacrifice tends to be the sound of the final product, which is what most people will hear/remember.

Edited by drumcorps45
  • Like 2

TO MAKE IT CLEAR,

I have also marched Quantum Brass for an entire summer last year, so its from experience as well. Don't tell me that those horns are good man, DO NOT.

so if I am reading this right, you don't like them, so everyone else shouldn't either.

got it

• Like 2