No preseason movie broadcast?

According to dci.org/cinema, there doesn't seem to be anything planned for a preseason (or early season) broadcast this year? Are they not doing anything this year? :sad:

They're filming the first show from Akron, which will include Blue Stars, Bluecoats, Cadets, Crown, Cavaliers and Phantom Regiment. It will air in theaters on June 18th.

Maybe they could wait until the 23rd and do a double feature with the Clovis show as well!

I remember going to the theater event last year, but if I remember right... there wasn't a big turn out... I wish they had the countdown still. Also, will they be announcing scores, or are they gonna keep it hidden like last year?

You mean people don't want to pay money to watch corps perform shows that are immensely dirty and most likely missing a minute or more of drill?

• Like 3

You mean people don't want to pay money to watch corps perform shows that are immensely dirty and most likely missing a minute or more of drill?

I went and brought 3 people with me to get a June fix... No biggie...

• Like 2

Sigh... Why must it always be so negative? I gladly laid my money down for the chance to see my son for the first time in 4 weeks, dirty or not.

sure, it is great for parents of those kids.

so are elementary school band concerts. But they don't draw large paying crowds either.

I went and brought 3 people with me to get a June fix... No biggie...

couldn't they put on shows from previous years though? Those give you a June fix and show you top quality.

• Like 1

I miss early shows and wish more were broadcast. Early imperfect shows are enjoyable. It makes me appreciate August's excellence all the more!

• Like 2