2012 Blue Devils

Can someone please explain to me exactly why Apple is considered so innovative? tongue.gif

Popular? Sure! Great designs? Sure!

No worries. I can handle a minus... devil.gif

• Like 4

Okay.. if you like their shows lately, good for you.

I do not. I have voiced that opinon many times.

Just stop calling me a ####### hater.

That word is grossly used by people who can't seem to form a valid argument to counter seemingly negative posts about a corps they like.

Of course you're entitled to your opinion. Party on. My issue is- look how many times in this thread you have enthusiastically and repeatedly (as you said) told us that opinion. If you say to me that you don't like my shirt, no big deal. If you say it 50 times at the top of your lungs, maybe I do think there's something else going on.

• Like 2

Can someone please explain to me exactly what Blue Devils have done to SO completely revolutionize the activity that we are now comparing them to Apple?? Doing weird shows just doesn't fit that bill for me.

And if you think about it, that is exactly what our parent's generation think about our music and our ways of entertaining ourselves. Be careful or you may wake up one day "the old man next door who chases the kids out of his yard, and watches re-runs all day!" rolleyes.gif

• Like 3

I do not. I have voiced that opinon many times.

I recognize the excellent level each show has been executed.

You CANNOT deny the less than enthusiastic crowd reaction this corps has received the past couple of years. Polite cheering at the end of the show. Some corps 13-20 get a better crowd reaction.

My only point is, you can have yours, and I can have mine, but why can't we both have it all?

We all most certainly can have our own opinions....and I (for one) would NEVER call anyone on DCP a hater...IMO that ends the conversation. In fact, arguing against someone's personal taste is futile and even a bit arrogant. My argument (in conversations on DCP) has always been about posters claiming to know why everyone in the stands is sitting on their hands or politely clapping and most often it is to bolster their argument that it is because of BD's presentation. I believe (as you may know) that many other things are at play as well, and to what degree one or the other is more prevalent, none of us have any way of knowing. I understand that some fans feel that "fan reaction" is the only counter for competitive results, but in recent years it has become ridiculous and beyond the pale.

The other gripe (and what normally gets my dander up the most) is the wholesale trashing of any corps on here....most recently (at least since I've been a member) it's been BD. I do however, recognize the gross fan conduct associated with Cadets 07-08 as well. In short, why not just applaud all the corps, no matter what they put on the field, as long as they perform the #### out of it? But the politics of competition creep into this debate and dominate the conversation. Why else would this thread that started on 26 April have twice as many pages than any other Corps thread (exception SCV and Madison which both started in Dec)? Why?

Edited by Plan9

Blah blah blah

Just stop calling me a ####### hater.

Jeez.

Lighten up, Francis.

If I had a nickel for every time I've been called a hater by Scouts, Crown or Phantom fans, I'd have a #### load of nickels.

No big deal. It's my opinion. They're wrong. I'm right. End of story.

It could work for you too.

• Like 1

We all most certainly can have our own opinions....and I (for one) would NEVER call anyone on DCP a hater...IMO that ends the conversation. In fact, arguing against someone's personal taste is futile and even a bit arrogant.

Insinuating a lack of intelligence by arguing that some folks don't like a particular show because they just don't "get it" or haven't seen it enough times to appreciate all the intricacies and innuendos is a bit arrogant as well.

• Like 2

Insinuating a lack of intelligence by arguing that some folks don't like a particular show because they just don't "get it" or haven't seen it enough times to appreciate all the intricacies and innuendos is a bit arrogant as well.

There's a huge difference between "insinuating lack of intelligence" and "lack of open mindedness". If you choose to make that leap yourself, you do it on your own.

Edited by Plan9

In short, why not just applaud all the corps, no matter what they put on the field, as long as they perform the #### out of it?

Because everyone is entitled to their own opinion. If I am paying upwards of $100 to see Finals every year (which I am), plus the cost of travel, plus the cost of lodging, should I be obligated to applaud for everyone just for the sake of applauding, or can I have my own opinion about what I like and what I dislike?

• Like 6

I can't wait to see the show. I personally love dada and things like that. If you don't well then you don't have to clap. I haven't heard one single note but I do like the idea of the show. and I also like some of the source music they are going to be using.

Because everyone is entitled to their own opinion. If I am paying upwards of $100 to see Finals every year (which I am), plus the cost of travel, plus the cost of lodging, should I be obligated to applaud for everyone just for the sake of applauding, or can I have my own opinion about what I like and what I dislike?

First off, I'm certainly not the arbitrator of opinion around here...and it's obvious that you applaud for whoever the hell so moves you. I just try to keep in mind that everyone of the MM's on the field from DCA to DCI march on their own dime. And more importantly, they perform what is written and designed for them. Therefore, (IMO) all of them deserve my recognition of their hard work...it's not much to ask of us, and in the end it's sort of their salary and keeps the activity interesting and supported. But when that recognition is used to send messages, i.e. "we're mad at your design staff", "we don't want the judges to score you so high", "we want someone else to win", "I don't get your show", "do what you used to do back in 19**", "I'm ###### at your Director", "fill in the blank".....it doesn't translate on to the field. So, do what you want, but I haven't seen a single show since my first in 2007 that I haven't felt the need to applaud for.

• Like 2