I'm having a party,

Cavies 2006

Phantom 2006/

If anything just show the ballad to the end of phantom. Because that Ballad is amazing... the whole show is amazing, but Ave Maria is breath taking. (maybe explain the story a little also)

Crown 2007

Phantom 2008

Crown 2009

Cadets 2009

Bluecoats 2010

I know I have 7 listed... thats why I gave the option for phantom 06.

Maybe even add the opener to BD 2007. In your face #### right there.

Too many great shows to choose.

06-Machine. Who doesn't understand robotic noises with movement?

09-The Grass is Always Greener. Though I don't personally like this show, whenever it's shown to my students, they grasp onto it.

09-The Factory. The story in this and the elements just make it a great and entertaining show. The ballad gets me every time.

08-Spartacus. No brainer here.

10-Metropolis. Just plain loud, BAMF, and I was in that show :tongue:

07-Triple Crown. Engaging, easy to follow, and it was my families favorite show at 2007 finals

Personally I think 6 is to many, you don't want to overload them. I'd have a max of 3. I'd add a brief pre-show explanation of what they are about to see, things to look out for etc.

I'd split them by quality i.e. move up in quality each time....

1st ... Any mid to bottom placed OC corps or if you only have WC then any last placed show… sorry Pioneer! If you only have top 12s then this idea might not work so well.

2nd ... I'd go for Teal Sound in 2010. Modern music & entertaining… and a jump in quality/size. Highlight the electronics and mention the current arguments for and against.

3rd... Has to be Phantom Regiment 2008. It has everythng a newbie would want.

Edited by 3rd Glasgow BB

In no particular order...aimed at what HS band members might like...and assuming an 'average' level band, sophistication-wise. A high end band (musically speaking) might like shows that are more 'serious' or 'concert band oriented'...

11 Cadets (to me, this is one of the all-time great total show concepts in design and performance, along with 08 Regiment)

10 Bluecoats (well, it is my favorite 'Coats show, so I put it on th4e list! :smile: )

09 Cadets (they've heard a million WSS shows in the band world, so to show one from a top marching ensemble might be a 'grabber')

08 Phantom Regiment (just because it has to be there...)

08 Crown (I think a show of all endings running past in rapid succession is someting a HS group might find a lot of fun)

08 Glassmen (this is still one of my favorite shows of the past five years, but I may be in the minority on this)

Others to consider...

11 Scouts (if only for the closer!!!)

11 Crown (it is a cool show, though I prefer 2004's Bohemian Rhapsody to 2011)

07 Cadets (another of my own favorite shows, and the narration is marching-oriented enough the band might like it)

07 Crown (it is a vrowd pleasing show, for sure)

06 Cavies (the visual design and coordination w/the music makes this a great choice, esp if the band is marching-knowledgable)

06 SCV (a quirky show...I loved it live, but I'm not sure how it translated to the video)

Edited by MikeD

I'd agree with others saying limit it to 3 or 4 shows

08 Regiment

10 Bluecoats

08 Crown

06 Cavies

Those are the ones I would pick

1. Phantom 08

2. Bluecoats 08

3. Crown 09

4. Phantom 2010

5. Cadets 07

6. Cavies 2010

Other great options- Cavies 06, 08

Phantom 06, 07

Crown 08

Cadets 2010

SCV 09

Madison 2010

BD 06, 07

Blue Stars 2010

Bluecoats 2007

Blue Devils 2009

Cadets 2011

Crown 2011

Cavaliers 2006

for sure

but then one of these

Bluecoats 2008

Blue Devils 2007

Cadets 2006 (for the tremendous visual aspect in the percussion feature)

Blue Stars 2010

Phantom 2010

• Like 1

Cool!! I started that in my high school!! Back when I was a senior, we called it DCI night! :thumbup:

I would show...

06- Blue Devils and/or The Cavaliers

07- Bluecoats

08- Phantom Regiment

09- Carolina Crown and/or Santa Clara Vanguard (I would say SCV because that was my personal favorite of 09, but Crown is just as good)

(last and most certainly not the least)

10- The Cavaliers

The only reason I have it between 2006 and 2010 is because the projector in our band halls laptop input port is broken, and 2006 to 2010 are the DVDS I have. Also, we have an hour and a half time limit, that's why only 6.

Download Cadets 2000; burn to DVD.

• Like 1

My 2 cents:

I'd keep it short, and oriented towards low concept shows with an easy-to-follow storyline.

09 Crown

10 or 06 Cavaliers

08 BD

08 Phantom

08 Cavaliers is great for high schoolers as well, when I was in HS I was super impressed with them jumping over each other.