Double Question

I figured I would put this into one topic. I am curious of your suggestions for my High School drum major auditions. The piece must be Marching Band/Drum Corps. Can be Midi or Live recording. I want it to show dynamics as well as meter changes. Right now I have Crown 2010 Danzon No.2 and Bluecoats 2010 Opening in mind for pieces(I can only have one) any other ideas? The easier it is to get a score the better, but not needed really.

Also I was wondering how people at DCI Atlanta(or other events) get to see their favorite Corps (Crown, Cavaliers, Bluecoats, etc) in the lot that are top 6 and then still see the top 12's shows. I feel like if I am in the lot I will miss them haha I want it planned this year.

I figured I would put this into one topic. I am curious of your suggestions for my High School drum major auditions. The piece must be Marching Band/Drum Corps. Can be Midi or Live recording. I want it to show dynamics as well as meter changes. Right now I have Crown 2010 Danzon No.2 and Bluecoats 2010 Opening in mind for pieces(I can only have one) any other ideas? The easier it is to get a score the better, but not needed really.

Also I was wondering how people at DCI Atlanta(or other events) get to see their favorite Corps (Crown, Cavaliers, Bluecoats, etc) in the lot that are top 6 and then still see the top 12's shows. I feel like if I am in the lot I will miss them haha I want it planned this year.

Cadets 2001 opener. If you can switch time feels, mid-flight that would show serious competency.

As for the lot, you got to plan it out. Who do you want to see from the stands? Give yourself 17 minutes to enter, just like the corps do.

If you're watching a corps in the lot that goes on last, then you might be able to see the corps that's going on 3rd to last, but definitely 2nd to last. It depends on how long the walk is from the lot to the stadium.

If you have an opportunity to go to two shows this summer, I'd recommend, for one of the shows, saving your ticket money and just watching all of the corps in the lot as the night progresses. That's the closest to the action you can get, and it's intense. For the other show, just go watch them in the stadium. That's my method anyways.

I know it's probably not one that pops into most peoples minds but pacific crests opener from 2008 has a lot of mixed meter changes including 3/4 4/4 3/8 7/8.

If you ever work this one out then please let me know....