When was that trick added?

In 1994, we (Regiment) added the crabstep at the last show before championships. I want to say it was Lynn, MA.

edited - Come to think of it, maybe we had it in earlier, but added the spin beforehand at Lynn. I don't remember exactly. Man, I'm getting old.

Edited by Geoff
  • Like 1

Bluecoats Criminal-what night did they pull the old uniform out of the closet? I can't remember now if they used it for all 3 shows, or just finals, but I am almost sure they didn't use it the week before. One of my all time last minute change favorites.

The old uniform was just on finals night.

The SCV show in 82(dang, couldn't remember the year for the life of me) I was so excited, because Bottle Dance came out of nowhere. I remember there were a couple of girls in the guard who looked kind of confused during it. I just thought it was because they had changed it that morning. When I saw the video, and heard the sides being off, I could then see how they had looked confused, hearing different beats. I know the roar of the crowd didn't help anyone get back on beat that night. Great new ending though.

On the original PBS broadcast (that was the year with announcer voiceovers) Rondo said something like "Oh, my...Oh, my my" as the guard was positioning for the Bottle Dance and the musical transition was underway.

No question about it, MA and I think because of what SCV and others were doing, there was more of a "wow" factor in the 80s and this includes 2-7s drill, SCV 87 opener and Wizard, Cadets 83 - 87 and much more.

Still don't know if SCV dropped the greens or hung them up. Could you see?

Kevin

We'd need confirmation from someone who marched that year -- TRacer comes to mind -- but I believe there were garbage cans in the tunnel for the pants to be dumped into.

After-show logistics of getting the correct pants back must've been a bear.

We'd need confirmation from someone who marched that year -- TRacer comes to mind -- but I believe there were garbage cans in the tunnel for the pants to be dumped into.

Didn't march that year but it was definitely large green garbage cans (see my earlier post re: view from the endzone). As for getting the correct pants back, all pieces were probably numbered on the inside.

Weren't there a few girls from the colorguard in the tunnel to help assist the members in getting off the pants so quickly, and getting them into the garbage cans?

I think almost more amazing than that quick change, was the girl changing in the tunnel in 2004. If I remember right it was like 7-10 seconds and a complete costume change. I am assuming it just lifted off, or was velcro, but quite impressive. I joked to my daughter that if she could have done that quick of a change while in high school and college, she would have had an extra 3 years of "free time".

Weren't there a few girls from the colorguard in the tunnel to help assist the members in getting off the pants so quickly, and getting them into the garbage cans?

I think almost more amazing than that quick change, was the girl changing in the tunnel in 2004. If I remember right it was like 7-10 seconds and a complete costume change. I am assuming it just lifted off, or was velcro, but quite impressive. I joked to my daughter that if she could have done that quick of a change while in high school and college, she would have had an extra 3 years of "free time".

You want real change...there was talk of having the girl come back out in the pre-dci green satin blouse and black skirt uni.

Edited by ozarkbugler

I may have asked a trivial question, but inquiring minds want to know. I appreciate everyone who worked on the answer.

Thanks, friends.

Kevin

BAC 1985 pull out a generator, a synth, and speaker at semi-finals.

Phantom killing the DM was added at Allentown. I remember losing my mind when I saw it with a few corps mates that season.