Cadets "job" openings

Fee, Fi, Fo, oh forget it. Lawyers receive a fee. unless they are on a retainer. This is their income. Who is whining about this? It can either be received or paid. Either offer a better idea or go to bed without dessert.

Kevin

• Like 3

I'm overly critical of the organization because I don't want to lose the Cadets. They are a great corps with a great history. And I feel like the corps is not in the best hands anymore. Sure he puts a great design and instructional staff in front of his drum corps. And he should leave them alone and let them do their job. And he should concentrate more on running his business more efficiently, than begging people for money every two seconds.

I love the Cadets. I loved last year's show. Historically they are one of my favorite corps. I just wish things from up top were ran better. Especially in today's economy there is very little room for error before things start catching up to you. The business model cannot be the same at YEA as it was in the 90's or 2000's.

And Charlie, you can't always see everything in maroon colored glasses.

Your optimism about all things drum corps is a breath of fresh air at times. But I personally can't stay optimistic when there are certain things in reality holding it back.

I'm sure you have a good understanding of how this organization works.

• Like 3

Prithee, I would be fain to clepe a lackaday gardyloo of quothe "fi" swoopstake, maugre how swith puissant their amain yare.

Sure. Easy for you to say. :ph34r:

• Like 1

It simply means that George should not be writing everything (seems there are a lot of great people there, surely drafting a job description like this could be delegated?).

It also means the guys they hire will get paid.

On the topic... this is gold.

Bottom line, if you can't delegate nearly every task outside the core strategic decision-making of the organization, there is a breakdown somewhere... could be the people, could be the system of communication and reporting, could be just control issues.

Whatever it is, CEO of an org the size of YEA actually writing job descriptions is a symptom of a larger issue and demonstrates that the individual and organization are not working as efficiently as they should. I've never seen anyone in my entire life that works as hard as he does, really. But working harder doesn't mean more gets done. It took me a long time to realize that it is sometimes exactly the opposite.

Were I on the YEA board, I would push to limit his working hours outside of tours/camps to 40 hours per week (band stuff should be able to run itself... if it can't, find the right fit of people so that it can). So much more would get done and the company would be much more focused as there would be an entirely different level and prioritization, planning and delegation.

to get people to run stuff, ya gotta pay. paying cheap and young doesn't always cut it.

but you're right, he should work smarter, not harder

People who are overally critical of YEA and The Cadets org irk me. Seems like people believe they do everything wrong and yet YEA/Cadets consistently deliver, grow and achieve great success. No organization, especially non profits, are perfect but the vibe I get from people on this forum, in general, you'd think YEA is an evil plot to destroy marching music. Most of the time it feels like people are looking for reasons to disagree or go against the organization. Not saying criticism is bad but this is just the vibe I'm getting from different posters when it comes to YEA. They can't do anything without some knee jerk criticism or backlash, even for good things like giving scholarships to musicians... Don't put words in my mouth when responding I wasn't even sure how to relay my thoughts about this into words.

actually, I just agree he needs someone to write his press releases. he'd being on a lot less controversy/confusion if he did

Was it the recent world championship that gave you this impression?

ah yes, scorers alone dictate success.

that approach has worked wonders before

(not saying YEA is in trouble. But saying basing everything on the score is failure waiting to happen)

And can he please hire a PR guy?

When I originally read the job posting. I saw Fee and it blew my mind at first. But then I realized he just worded it kinda odd. Would be some cool jobs to do and an interesting experience. But I'll make more at Wawa over the summer.

Since I only see Wawa when I go to Allentown, I visit it at least twice a day. Would you be willing to put extra blue cheese dressing on my sandwich?