8TH ANNUAL BUCCANEERS SPRING PREVIEW CONCERT MAY 5

The Reading Buccaneers Drum & Bugle Corps and the Twin Valley High School Band will host the 8th Annual Spring Preview, a Drum & Bugle Corps Concert, on Saturday, May 5, 2012,at 7:00 p.m. The concert will take place in the Twin Valley High School auditorium, 4897 S. Twin Valley Road, Elverson, PA 19520.

The Spring Preview has become a much-anticipated mainstay of the indoor drum and bugle corps concert calendar and features some of the world's best all-age competing and alumni corps in exhibition. The concert's proceeds will benefit the Twin Valley High School band program and the Reading Buccaneers.

The concert will be the public's first opportunity to hear hometown Reading Buccaneers, as the corps unveils its 2012 music program, The Black Symphony. The corps' repertoire includes original music from brass arranger Mark Lortz, The Four Sections for Orchestra, Mvt IV by Steve Reich, New World from Dancer in the Dark by Bjork Guomundsdottir and 1812 Overture by Peter IlyichTchaikovsky.

In addition to the Buccaneers, patrons will be treated to performances by the 2010 Drum Corps Associates Class A champion Fusion Core (Morris County, NJ), the Brassmen (Brooklyn, NY), Selden Cadets (Selden, Long Island, NY), Reilly Raiders (Willow Grove, PA), and the Reading Buccaneers Alumni (Reading, PA).

In addition to the concert, the day presents a unique opportunity for drum corps aficionados to spend time meeting members from multiple corps and reconnect with old friends and many activity luminaries.

Reserved seats are $15 apiece, and general admission seats are $13 apiece, and will be sold at the door. For advance ticket purchases, send a check payable to "Spring Preview" to Reading Buccaneers Spring Preview, 42 Harrigan Avenue, Monroe Township, NJ 08831 or order online using PayPal. For a seating chart and additional information, visit www.readingbuccaneers.com or call 215.915.9617.

• Like 1

Thanks for your post Tom!!

Donna and I are looking forward to another GREAT evening of Drum Corps!! thumbup.gif

What Tony said!

It will be nice to be back this year. Looking forward to the show!

If I start fasting on Friday, I should be good to go for the pre-concert turkey dinner. :tongue:

If I start fasting on Friday, I should be good to go for the pre-concert turkey dinner. :tongue:

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I've said it before... that turkey dinner is one of the best ideas in the history of drum corps! :worthy:

Just a few days away! We are looking forward to the concert very much!

Just a few days away! We are looking forward to the concert very much!

What Tom said!

I've said this in years past, but I'll say it again:

Twin Valley High School is an absolutely outstanding venue for a drum corps concert... comfortable seating, great accoustics. If you haven't been there yet, please consider making the trip!

I even have a new shirt for the occasion. :w00t:

What Tom said!

I've said this in years past, but I'll say it again:

Twin Valley High School is an absolutely outstanding venue for a drum corps concert... comfortable seating, great accoustics. If you haven't been there yet, please consider making the trip!

I even have a new shirt for the occasion. :w00t:

Well, so much for those awesome acoustics. Who can concentrate on listening when they are blinded by your fashion? :cool:

Well, so much for those awesome acoustics. Who can concentrate on listening when they are blinded by your fashion? :cool:

I will remain offstage during all performances.

So only the folks backstage will go blind. :tongue:

Looking forward to having some fun and seeing some great drum corps performances Saturday!!!!