8TH ANNUAL BUCCANEERS SPRING PREVIEW CONCERT MAY 5

It's Friday, May 4.

And that can mean only one thing....

Tomorrow is SPRING PREVIEW DAY!

And it appears above that Fran will be debuting a new shirt. But come to the concert anyway!

It's also Cinco de Mayo, so what better way to celebrate than to overindulge in drum corps music from some of the finest ensembles around!

Reilly Raiders

Buccaneer Alumni

Brassmen

Fusion Core

Selden Cadets

Buccaneers

There may be people you haven't seen since the skies opened up in Rochester over Labor Day weekend, 2011. Chances are they may be at Twin Valley HS tomorrow, so come see 'em!

The Reading Buccaneers, just like many other drum corps, could not operate at a highly functioning level without the extraordinary partnerships we have with local music educators and school districts. We are indeed blessed by our relationships with Dan Long and the Twin Valley School District. Tomorow's concert helps us say 'thank-you' to Dan and TVSD for all they do to help make the Balance in Blue what it is. Please help us do so by joining us for a great evening of wonderful music!

Tom-- are seats still available? I called the number, all seems good at this point and I'll be there at 530 or as close as possible to it with cash in hand- I just don't want to drive to Elverson and find you're sold out. I'd even stand in the back.

Yes, they are! We'll look forward to seeing you tomorrow.

I wonder if there are any TVs backstage?

I don't have Internet access on my phone... the Kentucky Derby goes to post around 6:30 PM tomorrow, just before showtime... and I'd hate to miss it. :tongue:

It was a great day at Twin Valley High School on Saturday! And all of us in the Reading Buccaneers organization are grateful to so many people who made it a special event:

--Chairperson Lumelle Schneeweis, who left no stone unturned and saw to every detail to make sure the day was successful for everyone involved;

--The many volunteers who gave their time and sweat to help make the day run as smoothly as possible;

--The Brassmen Alumni, Reilly Raiders, and Selden Cadets, for sharing their talent, passion and good cheer with us and for entertaining the heck out us;

--Fusion Core, for spending a valuable rehearsal day with us in Pretzeltown and wowing us with a program we can't wait to see on the field;

--The Buccaneer Alumni, for their invaluable support and enthusiasm and for delighting us with a fantastic performance;

--Fran Haring, for his exceptional emceeing and really cool shirt;

--The Twin Valley School District and Dan Long, for being such great hosts – and a special shout-out to the Twin Valley food service team for serving up yet another fantastic turkey dinner;

--The fans who joined us and cheered on all the performers;and

--Most of all, the members of the 2012 Reading Buccaneers, who made us so proud with your spectacular performance and served notice that The Black Symphony will be a journey to remember! Bravo!

Thanks, everyone, for another great Spring Preview! We look forward to seeing everyone in Wildwood! And at next year's Preview!

Edited by TomMoore
  • Like 1

In true Bucs fashion, the WHOLE weekend was wonderful. I have to say, I've been a fan of The Reading Buccaneers organization for a long time. I've watched their rise in ranks over the years and when you watch how that organization operates, you can clearly see why they are what they are.

So often we judge a groups success based on the score or the amount of members they have. Those things will fluctuate year to year but if you have a strong infrastructure, which they certainly have, you're bound to be a success. I would love to have a support group like Lois, Amy, Lumelle, Jerry and the others that help keep that organization run like a well oiled machine.

I keep reminding myself, we are only six years young and those people will come and when they do I will continue to look towards the Bucs and use them as our guide/model for how to do it right. They are wonderful hosts and everything flowed seamlessly from the minute we got to our practice field Saturday morning until the time we stepped off our field they provided us with on Sunday.

I was also extremely proud of Fusion. Every year, EVERY WEEKEND, they keep me smiling with pride. I couldn't be any happier with what they did so early in the season Saturday night!!! Thank you Fusion!!

To our Reading Friends THANK YOU!!!! I look forward to next years preview!!

Edited by hardcoremello

Wow, Holly....those are some really kind words, which we appreciate very much. So glad that you and the Core had an enjoyable and productive visit to our neck of the woods! We'll look forward to seeing you on the field soon!