Spirit 2012

From their facebook page:

Spirit of Atlanta presents SIN CITY 2012.

Come to play...

Music to include Frank Loesser, Lalo Schifrin, John Mackey, Stefani Germanotta, and John Powell.

• Like 2

Another corps playing Lady Gaga.

• Like 1

If done well could be REALLY fun.

And what happens in a show Spirit is at, stays in the show Spirit was at! :thumbup:

• Like 2

Having volunteered at pretty much every winter camp so far, I'm pretty hyped for this program as both an alum of the corps and fan of the activity.

Most of the corps body has known about the Lady Gaga chart since early March, but the administration has done a good job to follow the proper procedures as far as copyrights go, and also put out a product that keeps up with great performance standards. Got permission to arrange early in the year, the hornline read an initial version in early March, some minor tweaks were made, and a recording was made at the end of March to be sent to the artist for review. I can assume that things have gone well from there!

I haven't heard anything about this show, but a professor I know is involved with Spirit, and he's always really excited when talking to him about the 2012 season. So, I'm looking forwards to seeing what kind of program they're going to put on the field.

From their facebook page:

Spirit of Atlanta presents SIN CITY 2012.

They're gonna roll the dice in 2012... cool, I'll remain poker faced.( pardon the pun.. haha) Sounds really intriguing. 'Looking forward to it.

Edited by BRASSO

Another corps playing Lady Gaga.

I'm ready for some Gaga and Dada... are you ?

• Like 2

I mostly loved their show last summer. I hope they have learned to use the synth in a MUCH more subtle role for this year.

• Like 1

Spirit is very young this year. Quite a few kids in the hornline with ZERO background on a brass instrument.

I know they have a good brass staff, but I really wish they would focus on making good, individual sounds, before opening up to a dynamic volume that only allows each player to play one or two counts. When you have a corps that young, you need to stick to the basics, because many of the kids have never been exposed to them before.

I wish them the best, but I don't like many of the things I've seen/heard going on down there. Especially in the mello section.

On a positive note, Bob Smith is spending time with them! If you are a member, expect some HILARIOUS stuff from the box.

• Like 3