Spirit 2012

I was extremely impressed with them last night. i will get around to a full review later. They are definitely finals material and if they keep cleaning it up, should move up several spots, depending on how good everyone else is and how much everyone pushed to the end.

Hmmm...I haven't seen a show thread for tonight's show. Did I miss it?

And of course now there's not one, not two, but THREE threads on the Woodbury show.

:doh:

Any one else out there that is loving soa think nextyear they should keep with the jazz (its thier history i know but identity is so important these days) but go back to film noir and do taxi driver by bernard herrmann?

I know they will be compared to devs 2000, but if they really follow the score and make a show out of it i personally think it would be a great vehicle to bring this talented corps to a the 6-8 level.... again just my thoughts but man this corps is getting hot and i hope im not being trite , but this could be a great vehicle considering thier past and future....

Then again dick tracy by elfman is another great idea haha ohh if i could hear that as a whole show by a good corps ( marched in Emerald Knights ONT in 95 and we took an adventurous stab at it haha) cause i love the scoring and the ballad tess did very well by devils 97.... again just some random thoughts for a great corps :)

I am just so excited about this year's SOA. I can truly say that the leadership of this corps has really stepped up to the plate and is bringing this corps back to a higher competitive level but with fan accessible shows. Who knows where they will end up come August but isn't it exciting to see Madison and SOA neck and neck, but also right on the heals of Boston and Blue Knights? The 7th-10th range may be quite exciting to follow this year!