Who are the 5 WC Corps you think will benefit the most with new judgin

Wow; I think you may have even outdone me in the metaphor department. :thumbup:

I know a golfing buddy that told us he met a phor on the 5 par hole.... but he fibbed.

• Like 1

View PostRifuarian, on 02 May 2012 - 08:48 PM, said:

It's all in how the judging community decides to interpret the sheets. I'm not convinced there will be any significant change.

Hmmmm...while I was (secretly) hoping for some big changes in the judging system this year, I'm thinking you might be right. It might just be all spin, but in the end--nothing changes.

And what change(s) are we collectively hoping for? Some shift in the paradigm that will recognize and reward the superiority of our own favored teams, I suppose. Tick system, degree of difficulty, MA/PA, build-up scoring... bonne chance a tous, mes amis!

Peace,

Fred O.

Every corps that is loud and dirty.

Madison

Phantom Regiment

Cadets

And to think I had to login just so I could minus this. Totally uncalled for!

• Like 6

View PostRifuarian, on 02 May 2012 - 08:48 PM, said:

It's all in how the judging community decides to interpret the sheets. I'm not convinced there will be any significant change.

And what change(s) are we collectively hoping for? Some shift in the paradigm that will recognize and reward the superiority of our own favored teams, I suppose. Tick system, degree of difficulty, MA/PA, build-up scoring... bonne chance a tous, mes amis!

Peace,

Fred O.

What I had in mind was anything which would encourge the kind of shows we had last season. Many folks on these forums commented on how much they liked the direction of 2011 from all the Corps, top to bottom. I would like to see that continue.

Merci!

• Like 1

And to think I had to login just so I could minus this. Totally uncalled for!

Think about the corps that are perenniel fan favorites? What holds them back from winning? The fact they are dirty and focus on excitement within the show, and drastic changes.

So yes, a scoring system that factors in the audience reaction into GE WILL BENEFIT LOUD AND DIRTY.

• Like 2

Think about the corps that are perenniel fan favorites? What holds them back from winning? The fact they are dirty and focus on excitement within the show, and drastic changes.

So yes, a scoring system that factors in the audience reaction into GE WILL BENEFIT LOUD AND DIRTY.

While not as common as many would like, there have been examples where the fan favorite for the year was also the Corps that was the favorite with the judges that year... and thus won DCI that year. These Corps shows were both clean as well as possessing outstanding audience appeal. We need look no further back than DCI 2008 for just one such recent example.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

While not as common as many would like, there have been examples where the fan favorite for the year was also the Corps that was the favorite with the judges that year... and thus won DCI that year. These Corps shows were both clean as well as possessing outstanding audience appeal. We need look no further back than DCI 2008 for just one such recent example.

Well said!

• Like 2

My thoughts (I know, who cares!)..

Crown- always a crowd favorite with the muscle to perform well by season end.

Cadets- I have to believe this corps is doing a Christmas show this season for some reason?

Madison- I think as this corps matures with this amazing staff combined with being a perennial crowd favorite...

Cavaliers- If visual can stay at the same level, whenever have you gone to a show when the Cavies havent ripped the stadium down?

Spirit- I thought it was a very entertaining show last year and I would think they are continuing in that direction from winter news..

I think you hit the nail dead on the head. Phantom would be another one that comes to mind. And dare I say...IF they keep doing shows as entertaining as last year's....The Blue Knights (say it aint soooo).

Edited by bmjfelts1988
  • Like 1