Connecticut Hurricanes - Uniform Change

You are correct. We wore them with our 1990-1995 uniforms. At various years times after that as well, but I can't remember exact which without pulling up pictures.

Actually they wore the shako 8 years, from 90' through 97' but don't pull up pics Liz...I'll help you out. The Hurcs have indeed worn Shakos at various times...32 years total by my count! They have worn the Hurc/Gestapo hat, at various times in 43 seasons. Their first 5 years (32'-36') they wore the American Legion overseas/#### cutter hat.

So, even though they're widley associated with the Cop style, they're not married to it. I applaud the switch to the shako...It seems like a perfect compliment to the contempory style uni. ...:thumbup:

• Like 2

a stripe can be just as revealing its why some DCI corps removed theirs.

This was the point I was trying to make but I worded it strangely I think. With a straight leg technique and a stripe, seeing differences in technique is much easy to criticize, where as black pants/black shoes at night especially can sometimes hide slight imperfections.

Sorry to hijack the thread.

It sure will be different not seeing the cop hats, that's for sure.

Oh, and I think if you Neg-Rep The Wicked Witch of the West you are turned into a toad and fed to the Winkies! :devil:

Edited by CorpsBuff

The style isn't being penalized exactly.

Compare Bucs to Cabs... Bucs look taller and have a uniform sleek look which overall will look better than Cabs who look shorter because of the hats and look less uniform because the kickpleats all move slightly different.

Cabs uniforms make it harder to judge because they have to take the loose pants into consideration which could bring the score down just off of uncertainty. I doubt the judge thinks "your pants move too much. I don't like them. Lower score for you." But then again, this is DCP and someone will say I'm wrong and its all a big conspiracy.

If the cabs performed 2 shows exactly the same, one in their uniform and another in bucs uniform... I would assume the second show would have a higher score just based on uniformity.

I believe, sir, that you are right on the money.

I wonder, if visual programs keep progressing at a fast pace as they have been these last few years, if the Cabs will have no choice but to make some key modifications to stay competitive. Then again, it's probably easier to stop global warming. Plus, I can't image what it would be like to see them wearing something different.

Anyway... back on topic.

Edited by irishbugle

Thank you Drum Corps Gods!

I have always loved this corps, but could never take them in those Officer Krupke hats.

This looks great!

• Like 1