This is supposed to be fun, right?

After the dust settles, and the competition ends, we should be able to look back and remember how much fun we had, right? Otherwise, what's the point? Sure, there are obstacles to overcome, challenges to meet, bragging rights to achieve. But when it comes right down to it, we should be having fun.

In the last couple of days there has been a s**t storm regarding the POSSIBLE return of Crunchy Frog. Why? Here's an opportunity to leave the stress of competition behind and just have a rip-roaring good time. Irreverent, yes, but a good time just the same.

In the immortal words of Rodney King, "Where can I score some dust?"....uh, wait. That's not it.

Oh, yeah. "Can't we just all get along?"

See? Irreverence can be fun.

Garry in Vegas

PS Lee and Jeff? I love you guys!

• Like 2

"ARE WE HAVING FUN YET?" <$1 to Zippy the Tuned In Pinhead>

A old Westshoremen thing usually yelled a few hours into a drill rehearsal from Hell.... :ph34r:

• Like 3

I don't get it either, Garry. In all my years of drum corps, I've never seen so many people having such a good time as I did at I&E's with Crunchy Frog. Yes it was silly. Yes it was irreverent. But pointless? I think not. Show me one other example where hundreds of members from every drum corps all across the country can come together and just have some fun together. For three straight years, Crunchy Frog was my opportunity to blow off the steam of the season and relax a little. I know it sounds crazy, but that 5-10 minutes with my friends helped me to clear my head and get focused for Finals. I, (and I remind everyone that I speak only for myself and use my real name), embrace the possible return of the Frog.

Viva Crunchy! :devil:

• Like 4

After the dust settles, and the competition ends, we should be able to look back and remember how much fun we had, right? Otherwise, what's the point? Sure, there are obstacles to overcome, challenges to meet, bragging rights to achieve. But when it comes right down to it, we should be having fun.

In the last couple of days there has been a s**t storm regarding the POSSIBLE return of Crunchy Frog. Why? Here's an opportunity to leave the stress of competition behind and just have a rip-roaring good time. Irreverent, yes, but a good time just the same.

In the immortal words of Rodney King, "Where can I score some dust?"....uh, wait. That's not it.

Oh, yeah. "Can't we just all get along?"

See? Irreverence can be fun.

Garry in Vegas

PS Lee and Jeff? I love you guys!

Love you right back, Garry! :thumbup:

Contrary to a certain individuals beliefs, I personally have no problem with Crunchy Frog ... I was a member!

The ONLY point that I've ever made is that the Renegades Association of California is not associated with either Crunchy Frog or it's proponents. Crunchy Frog is a separate organization.

I wish Crunchy Frog, and it's participants, all the best ... and want them to have fun! :exclamation:

That is all.

• Like 6

The ONLY point that I've ever made is that the Renegades Association of California is not associated with either Crunchy Frog or it's proponents. Crunchy Frog is a separate organization.

And contrary to what Lee believes, it's an important distinction to make. When I first saw the header of the other thread, I initially made the Crunchy Frog/Renegades connection in my head. Why? Because it was only natural, given the 'publicity blitz' from when Crunchy Frog first appeared.

I don't have any problem at all with Jeff's clarification. Quite the contrary, I thought he was pretty classy about it.

• Like 9

Totally separate entities, both of which are awesome.

As one of the greatest broadcasters of all time used to say "Don't let the facts get in the way of a good story".

• Like 2

There was a problem to having fun at DCA? Hmmmm

The fun I saw at I&E's was great! It was a time to unwind, have fun and socialize with fellow Drum Corps-ites (made that one up). Heck, the Pootsmen came together 15 minutes before we went on and we did pretty good too.

Long live Crunchy Frog!!!

• Like 2

Crunchy Frog looked like it was fun to be in but not so much to watch. Lots of people milling around occasionally playing something, took about a half hour. That would be great fun in the parking lot after a busload of beers.

• Like 7