This is supposed to be fun, right?

I got it! Crunchy Frog Alumni Corps!

Garry in Vegas

• Like 1

However what seems more likely, is that a particular person was trying to use this as a "Look at Me, Look at Me!" moment, and trying to kick up some dust.

IHowever until that happens, I can only see this whole topic as one big attention seeking temper tantrum.

Snippety Doo Dah.,.

Really, is that a serious statement?

Lee suggests maybe recreating CF, goes through the proper channels, DCA says "no thanks", and it's "look at me" and a "temper tantrum"? From my point of view, every one else is having the tantrum.

Relax. The DCA board had opted to not allow CF to perform in 2012. Lee has plenty to keep him busy at his entertainment law practice, so don't worry about him.

Now, about 2013...

Garry in Vegas

Edited by CrunchyTenor
  • Like 1

I would say if CF is going to do something, that it be bestfor all that they try to conform a little to the standards of whatever venue they choose to arrive at.

Yes, many people found their irreverance funny. But many did not. You don't want to burn bridges

• Like 2

Snippety Doo Dah.,.

Really, is that a serious statement?

Yup.

Lee suggests maybe recreating CF, goes through the proper channels, DCA says "no thanks", and it's "look at me" and a "temper tantrum"?

No, but the posts flaming DeMello and the Renegades, along with the diatribe about how he and CF are needed to help save the activity are.

• Like 5

*Wanders into thread*

"Whats going on in here?"

*Reads thread*

"Uh-oh......" :sad:

*Runs out of thread as fast as he can.

• Like 1

Here's a question. Mini corps, like the Open and A have to pay for their rights to perform the music, and prove that their paperwork is in order to be able to compete. Was/is CF held to that same standard?

Only if they actually played music....I don't remember a lot from 04 (except Boo on the G garden hose)

• Like 1

Lee suggests maybe recreating CF, goes through the proper channels, DCA says "no thanks", and it's "look at me" and a "temper tantrum"? From my point of view, every one else is having the tantrum.

I've said it before, and I will say it again,...........notice how Lee throws the hand grenade into the room, and runs away,..............I predict you won't see him here anytime soon,......................this has gone on for several years now,..........

• Like 6

I know I&E has no admission charge, but let me ask a question sure to get me in trouble with some:

Since we keep being told "drum corps needs things like Crunchy Frog".....how many new people has Crunchy Frog brought in with it's past performances?

I know some I&Ecompetitors who may have skipped the weekend otherwise have not just come and do their show, but hung around for the weekend. For something supposed to help DCA grow...do we have proof it drew people to DCA?

Because the last time I saw CF, the only people watching were drum corps people

• Like 2

I know I&E has no admission charge, but let me ask a question sure to get me in trouble with some:

Since we keep being told "drum corps needs things like Crunchy Frog".....how many new people has Crunchy Frog brought in with it's past performances?

I know some I&Ecompetitors who may have skipped the weekend otherwise have not just come and do their show, but hung around for the weekend. For something supposed to help DCA grow...do we have proof it drew people to DCA?

Because the last time I saw CF, the only people watching were drum corps people

still waiting for an answer

• Like 1