Colts 2012

Boundaries_Web.jpg

Boundaries can limit. They can also protect. Boundaries can divide opposing forces, or provide a framework within which games are played. Boundaries define what one does or does not do, what is acceptable or unacceptable. They also define who is in, and who is out. Boundaries protect us from enemies, but also fence us in. Breaking boundaries confronts the establishment, while allowing us to explore magnificent artistic endeavors, to pursue the unattainable, and to achieve the unimaginable. Please join us in our exploration of boundaries...

The Colts are pleased to present their 2012 program, "Boundaries," featuring:

"August’s Rhapsody" (from the movie August Rush), by Mark Mancina

"Boundaries," an original composition by David Nelson

"Piano Concerto No. 2, Mvt. 2," by Sergei Rachmaninoff

"All By Myself," by Eric Carmen

"All By Myself," by Eric Carmen

This is a good song but....... thanks to Celine Dion's version I have grown to dislike it. Did I say dislike, I really meant despise!!!

However having said that, I suspect it will work quite well on a Drum Corps field, will be very interested to hear how it works out.

Doesn't sound very Cesario friendly. :tongue::rolleyes:

cesariolol.jpg

• 2 months later...

The crowd really reacts well to this show. I imagine they will focus more on cleaning than changes to the show. Just what I expect, having watched the Colts over the years. Honestly I've never been a fan of the overall concept as it's so vague, and visually they don't what they could with it, but BOY do I like to watch it!! The end gets me every time!

I disagree with the comment, "The crowd really reacts to this show." I will say the crowd loves the closer. I wish the rest of the show had the same impact as the closer does. I don't feel this show is accessible to a lot of people - design issue. However, the show may be more polished now than when I viewed it live.

Love the firetruck picture - thanks for sharing! That's what drum corps is all about... those friends and moments on tour that you will never forget. And EVERY corps has them. The performance is just the icing on the cake.

Best wishes to all in Atlanta today. Go Red Team!!